SunGold Foods Inc., a custom roaster and packager for the snack food industry specializing in roasted inshell sunflower seeds, soybeans and sunflower kernels, is seeking a General Manager.
Responsible for strategic planning, financial planning and managing production operations to include staffing, training, line efficiencies, preventative maintenance program, people development, cost control, quality and safety. Provides effective leadership including vision, sets objectives, monitors results & performance, establishes programs and systems, sponsors safety and quality standards & improvements; develops & coaches managerial staff; assists in problem-solving; provides inspiration, support and feedback; and manages all aspects of operations. Effectively implement and apply LEAN, six sigma and TPM methodologies to achieve improved performance. Builds and manages a high-performance team. Challenge is to continuously improve plant processes to achieve higher levels of productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop the manufacturing plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Develop short & long-term manufacturing plans.
- Formulate manufacturing policies and programs to maintain or improve competitive position.
- Identified processes to improve productivity and reduce cost.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff.
- Implement lean manufacturing principles to identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost.
- Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local regulations; such as EPA, OSHA and FDA.
- Ensure facility meets or exceeds customer and external inspection standards; such as AIB and SQF.
- Coordinate major projects, (e.g., plant layout changes, capital equipment installation, major repairs).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in industrial, mechanical, food related or business administration, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline.
- 10+ years experience in manufacturing management, preferably in food oriented operations and/or related industry. A minimum of 5 years experience managing a significant segment of a large manufacturer or the entire operation of a smaller manufacturer.
SunGold Foods is an AA/EOE and has a drug free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 10 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement