A day in the life:
As an Aspiring Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to further your knowledge and grow your career as a Software Engineer. In this particular role, you will learn the Pega Platform and get certified as a Pega Developer. Using these learned skills, you will take an existing technical architecture that includes Pega Platform and create various innovation prototypes to address specific issues or problems. You will have to understand the problem, look into possible solutions, and create prototype solutions to address the requested innovation. Once the prototype is complete, demonstrations and user feedback will follow. Documentation will be produced to help foster transition into production capabilities.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
What you bring to the table:
- Learn the Pega Platform development software
- Obtain Pega Certified System Architect Certification
- Review innovation problem statements to understand and contribute to prototype design
- Implement designs within the innovation environment
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and document test results
- Resolve software problem reports
- Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment
- Document designs, implementations, and test cases during the SLDC of the innovation prototype
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Work individually or as part of a team.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolve software problem reports, and utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- 5+ years experience as a technologist in fields such as systems administration, automated testing, systems engineering, or a relevant discipline, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- No demonstrated experience in Pega Platform is required
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Experience within an enterprise client's environment particularly in building and deploying applications, and development experience with deep COTS/FOSS integration exposure
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline from an accredited college or university OR 4+ years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be accepted in lieu of a degree
- Must possess an active US Government TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph
- Desire to learn the Pega Platform
- A penchant to think out of the box when devising solutions is a must
- An innate desire to learn many different technologies and not go deep into any one would be best
Why Red Alpha?
Every day, our elite customers are pushing through "the grind" to defeat the enemy, even putting their lives on the line for our freedom. Rise to the occasion with us to deliver engineering excellence, to match their dedication to this nation. Join us as we bring digital transformation to the fight.
Some of our perks and benefits:
- You can retire sooner rather than planned: Get closer to retirement with up to 12% in 401k contributions.
- You can have a career AND a life: Enjoy up to 5 weeks of leave (25 days of personal time off) and 10 paid holidays (8 scheduled holidays and 2 floaters).
- You can stay at your best: As a member, we'll pay 100% of your premiums for comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance. We'll also pay the majority of the premiums for your family.
- Free access to a fully equipped state of the art gym!
- $300 per year in company branded merchandise (Under Armour, Nike, Carhartt, YETI, etc.)
- Fun events throughout the year including a holiday gala, whisky tastings, fall festivals, happy hours, and more.