Maryville is seeking a Director of Health and Wellness reporting to the Dean of Students. The Director of Health and Wellness is responsible for the overall management, administration, and delivery of student health and wellness services and programs to students at Maryville. The Director provides consistent, quality, primary care to students and has a strong focus on educating students on health and wellness related issues/topics. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students.
Primary Job Functions:
• Plan, coordinate and implement effective health and wellness services, and educational and prevention programs.
• Administer effective and timely first aid/emergency care to the Maryville community.
• Provide direct patient care and follow-up health care for students as needed
• Prescribe and administer vaccines and medications as necessary.
• Consult with consulting physician, county health department or other experts, if needed, for issues beyond scope of practice
• Act as a resource to the University regarding current and relevant health and wellness issues.
• Order and maintain appropriate drugs, equipment and supplies.
• Maintain accurate health records for students (student-athletes, residential students, and those on clinical and practicum experiences) in a way which recognizes privacy rights and legal requirements.
• Document care and treatment in patient medical records, and maintain strict confidentiality relative to patient privacy regulations.
• Recruit and train student staff to be effective participants in outreach and program facilitation.
• Collaborate with other Student Life Departments, Divisions, and Academic areas to provide additional support in caring for students.
• Perform outreach talks, presentations and programs to the campus community
• Coordinate AOD Committee and prepare biennial report as required by the Drug Free Schools and Communities Act.
• Develop and manage annual budget.
• Participate in divisional meetings as required.
• Graduate level education – Nurse Practitioner (Adult or Family)
• Three to five years’ experience in health services
• Knowledge of medication administration and detection of various illnesses
• CPR Certification
• Knowledge of OSHA Blood Borne Pathogen Standards
• Familiarity with Title IX
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills
• Ability to handle all situations with tact and sensitively
• Familiarity with resources within the St. Louis area
• Three to five years’ experience in a university health center
• Experience with Medicat record management system
• Some evening and weekend hours will be expected
• 12 month position (20 hours per week June and July)
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug and background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.