Patient Account Representative(Job Number:
United States-Kansas-Overland Park-Admin – College Park Family Care
Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Exciting opportunity to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services with over 1000 practice locations!
HCA Healthcare is a national leader in providing modern, culturally competent, patient-centered care and we are driven by one single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
We are looking for an exceptional Patient Account Representative to join our team. We believe in our team and your ability to help us provide high quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary, tuition reimbursement, and growth opportunities. We are seeking a great addition to the team who feels patient care is as important as we do!
Interested in learning more about us? Click here!
College Park Family Care is a Christ-centered medical practice, and every aspect of our practice is rooted in providing compassionate care to our patients and each other. Our goal is to provide compassionate, comprehensive care for every member of the family. We have more than 90 providers, including specialists who can meet all health care needs – from obstetrics and orthopedic surgeons to dermatologists and dietitians. At College Park Family Care, you can count on exceptional care from experienced, board-certified providers.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES -
This position will be responsible for answering incoming patient calls regarding statement balances and to provide friendly, accurate, and prompt customer service. Duties will also include researching to resolve all questions and discrepancies presented by patients, assisting any walk-in patients with their questions, concerns or payments, as well as contacting insurance companies by phone, email, fax, and written correspondence to resolve issues preventing claims from being processed correctly. Processes daily close activities for assigned group of practices; ensures that statements are sent out according to departmental schedule. Responsible for processing paper claims to primary insurance and coordinating with clerical to support the preparation of secondary claims. Additional duties may be assigned.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Processes statements according to departmental schedule for an assigned group of practices. Reviews the billing report to ensure that all patients are receiving a statement.
- Coordinates with the practices to ensure that the daily close functions are performed on a daily basis. Reports any problems to the EDI Manager on a daily basis.
- Responsible for processing paper claims including the obtaining of office notes or other documents that are required to be attached to the claims for processing.
- Assists EDI Specialist as directed by the EDI Manager in reviewing edit reports and obtaining information from the physician practices.
- Reviews secondary claims to determine if any claims can be set up for piggyback filing to Medicare. Reports any findings to EDI Manager.
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
- One year certificate from college or technical school
- At least one year of medical billing related experience and/or training
We believe in going above and beyond, and feel that there is no nobler pursuit than that of caring for and improving human life. We hope you’ll join us on our mission!