We are looking for a Director to join our dynamic team, driving efforts within the GE-CIRT organization to protect the GE enterprise from cyber security threats. This role will lead a team to design, engineer, develop and implement detection and threat hunting capabilities across host, network, identity and application technology stack.
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead a global team in detecting and neutralizing advanced cyber threats that cannot be caught by security devices and other traditional methods?
As Director of our Hunt, Automation and Content Development Team you will focus on identifying and driving future-state direction of the program at global scale. This role includes leading a team of cyber security professionals that design and develop detection capabilities (Content Development) that increase effectiveness, emphasizing on building well-integrated capabilities that span business environments and platforms (development, operations, cloud, mobile, etc.). This team manages the playbooks, automation and enrichment of our SOAR platform enabling our front line operators with capabilities to detect, hunt and eradicate threats in near real time. A staple in our program is our HUNT capability and as the leader in this space you would drive strategy and execution of building our next generation of threat hunters and empowering them to discover highly advanced cyber threats across the GE environment.
In this role, you will:
Strive to mature the GE’s threat detection program.
Leads and coach a diverse team of both direct reports and matrixed support, though partnerships and collaboration
Identify opportunities to optimize and consolidate detection methodologies and approaches on a global scale
Leverage extensive experience in threat detection, penetration testing, forensics & response
Collaborate and lead knowledge sharing initiatives with partner organizations in the public, private and DFIR-focused spaces
Mentor team members in technical/functional areas.
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) plus a minimum of 8 years of information technology experience OR in lieu of a degree, possess a high school diploma plus a minimum of 12 years of information technology experience
5+ years in a senior role within information security in a large, global organization
- Comfortable managing a global team remotely
- Expertise in working with large data sets to develop detection analytics and behaviors
- Strong understanding pro-active cyber defense through threat hunting
- Experience with strategic planning and management including budget, organization, personnel decisions
- Detailed understanding of APT, Cyber Crime and other associated cyber threat tactics
- Experience hands on scripting / programming experience (Python, Powershell, etc.)
- Experience in Network Security Monitoring practices, with direct hands-on experience with one or more NSM related technologies (Suricata, Snort, Zeek, etc.)
- Experience with host-based detection and IR technologies such as CrowdStrike, CarbonBlack, Tanium, Windows Defender ATP or similar
- Experience working with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, SaaS, etc.)
- Experience building and maintaining Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) Platforms
- CISSP, CISM, OSCP or related SANS certifications preferred
- Experience with malware and reverse engineering Experience with host-centric detection and response skills
- Experience with Agile Management
GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
United States;Georgia, Michigan, Ohio, Virginia;Glen Allen, Detroit, Atlanta, Cincinnati. Other remote locations will be considered.;