BUILD your career with a company dedicated to growth through multi-level advancement opportunities within various disciplines. Empowered by leadership, our team of IT professionals works in an environment of agile development, focused on creating the tools necessary to aid effective enterprise management and data analysis.
LIVE your passion in an organization that supports work-life flexibility and gives you the opportunity for learning and career development. Our teams are built on camaraderie — establishing a community of free thinkers who treat each other like family.
CREATE our future of innovation by developing the newest solutions. We pride ourselves on ahead-of-the-curve thought leadership to ensure we operate in a fast-paced environment that drives change.
We are the strategic enablers helping our businesses succeed—we are Harland Clarke IT professionals.
Harland Clarke is a leading provider of quality payment solutions, multi-channel marketing campaigns, and secure data-driven lead generation and critical communications. In addition, Harland Clarke provides promotional products, call centers, and governance, risk and compliance (GRC) solutions. The company delivers operational excellence and intelligent solutions to more than 50 million consumers and 5 million small and medium sized businesses per year through its relationships with 8,500+ of the nation’s leading financial institutions, large retailers, affiliate marketing companies and accounting software providers. Harland Clarke is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. For more information, visit www.harlandclarke.com or follow Harland Clarke on LinkedIn and on Twitter @HarlandClarke
- Take charge of your future with our generous 401K savings plan with company match, which is vested from day one.
- Participate in our company wide well-being program that also serves to lower your annual health insurance premiums.
- Explore new education opportunities with our Tuition Reimbursement Plan which covers up to $5,250.
- We offer work-life flexibility, meeting personal obligations along with professional success.
IT ARCHITECT III
An Architect is responsible for optimizing systems to reduce cost and improve information flow while ensuring that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from IT and business strategies.
Key Duties / Responsibilities - Essential duties are identified by asterisks.
- Viewed as highly technical providing direction to project teams, assisting in implementation and testing.
- Manages and assigns tasks/projects based on project goals.
- Responsible for instructing, directing and monitoring the work of personnel on a single project.
- Regularly provides technical leadership and assists in training less experienced engineers and architects.
- Plans work for others to meet project deadlines, accommodates demands by users, setting priorities when appropriate.
- Responsible for directing and monitoring the work of team members. May be responsible for project completion and user satisfaction.
- Leads architecture analysis and road-mapping to solve for business objectives and partners with engineering on proof of concept to validate direction and reduce implementation risk
- Participates in establishing standards and best practices
- Assists in developing and managing the established technology architecture governance process.
- Endeavors to minimize component complexity in the design and deployment of the enterprise technology architecture through standards-based product(s) selection and implementation
- Create architecture analysis and road-mapping to solve for business objectives and partners with engineering on proof of concept to validate direction and reduce implementation risk.
- Support complex project analysis of business motivations and business operations, through the use of business analysis frameworks and supporting toolsets
- Assist or guide IT staff members on implementing the design
- Ability to negotiate and influence IT staff members related to architecture and development.
- Create effective presentations.
- Work effectively with limited direction and ambiguity
Education & Knowledge Required
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
- 8+ Years with Bachelor’s degree or 14+ years’ work experience
- Experience designing and building transactional eCommerce systems, Java required.
- Subject matter expertise with Devops Technologies (CI/CD) and best practices.
- General understanding of architecture frameworks
- General understanding of architecture governance
- General understanding of architecture principles, guidelines, standards, and patterns
- Able to create simple architecture strategies and roadmaps with some input from more senior level Architects for projects and/or products.
- Deep knowledge of at least two related technology domain (Full tech stack strongly preferred)
- Broad knowledge of at least two technology domains
- Strong troubleshooting and production mindset
- Able to understand business objectives, decompose into business capabilities and evolve technology strategies and roadmaps within a project / department
- EA Team, IT/Business Project Team
- Able deliver break down business objectives and delivery technology strategy, roadmaps and implementation guidance at program/LOB/Domain level.
- Able to lead change across a program, line of business and/or domain
- Deep understanding of at least one SDLC methodology, with ability to mentor business analysts, engineering and development skillsets within a project/department/domain
- Proficient understanding of statistical analysis techniques, big picture, patterns, practices, notations, cross cutting concerns, product stacks, high-availability/thru-put design, capacity planning & load estimation, etc
- Ability to understand and drive effective cost/financial decisions with technology across varying scopes of the organization
- Ability to lead/manage non-functional and functional requirements for products and services created across varying scopes of the organization
- Natural ability to simplify complexity, leverage and evolve new technology and provide OOB approaches to solve business challenges.
- Ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of a minimum of one business domain within a unique business unit and to mentor across business and technology employees and support the development of knowledge training
- Ability to stay in front of technology and to establish industry line of site capabilities and to adapt industry knowledge.
- Able to effectively establish an architecture framework
- Able to facilitate architecture governance
- Able to establish architecture principles, guidelines, standards, and patterns
- Able to create architecture strategies and roadmaps for programs and end-to-end business processes, and support change efforts to realize objectives.
- Business case development (Project / Program)
- Create simple decision matrices
Communication & Contacts Required
- Communicates clearly and concisely, adjusting level of detail and technical content optimized for the intended audience
- Effective listening skills
- Effectively contributes to group discussions
- Typical audience includes Direct Supervisor, EA Team, Project Team
- Writes clearly and concisely, adjusting level of detail and technical content for the intended audience
- Presentation exposure extended to include IT Leadership and Business (single LOB)
- Typical audience extended to include IT Leadership and Business (LOB)
Harland Clarke is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Coordinator, Laurel Reddish at .
EEO is the law.