Under the supervision of the director, the Menahel/et Chadar HaOchel is responsible for the
smooth running of the dining room. The Menahel/et Chadar HaOchel is responsible for the
cleanliness the dining room and training staff and campers that the proper systems for meals
is. The Menahel/et Chadar Ochel works together with the Menahel/et Mitbach (Kitchen
Manager) to creatie menus and order food accordingly while keeping allergies in mind,
create schedules for kitchen staff and ensure safe distribution of food that is healthy, tasty,
balanced, and suitable for children and staff. The Menahel/et Chadar HaOchel is expected
to present themselves with integrity and dugma ishit (as a personal example) in and outside of camp.
Specific responsibilities of Menahel/et Chadar HaOchel:
- Create menus with Kitchen Manager and prep schedules for all meals and snacks that
will happen while camp is in session, including during ropes training, supervisor training,
and staff training.
- Order food according to the menus and knowledge of what kids are eating.
- Make sure that there are options at every meal for vegetarians, vegans, dairy free,
gluten free, and any other allergies that exist.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the dining room.
- Create an efficient system for the end of meals for campers to bring dishes to
dishwasher and train staff and campers in this system.
- Organize and prepare food for out of camp trips.
- Create a schedule for kitchen staff.
- Organize and set up with the Kitchen Manager the food service area and equipment
prior to camp opening.
- Create a positive and encouraging work environment for kitchen staff team.
- Facilitate with the Kitchen Manager the professional development and evaluations of
the kitchen staff team.
- Administer the food service budget.
- Submit a food service report by the end of the contract.
- Lead a cooking chug (elective) with the campers that is engaging and fun.
- Fulfill requisitions from counselors and other staff when requisition forms are turned in.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply as Menahel/et Chadar HaOchel, you must have at least two years experience
working in a kitchen, preferably in a camp setting. Experience as a manager, and/or work in operations is also preferable.
FULL TIME CONTRACT FOR A SUMMER CAMP -- live on camp ideally, can also be a local, salary will differ for each but somewhere between 3500-5000 based on skills and experience, June 7 - August 16, get payed every two weeks, one day off a week
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $3,500.00 to $5,000.00 /year
- Manager or Operational: 1 year (Preferred)
- Camp: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kosher Kitchen: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kitchen: 2 years (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required