Maintenance Technician – Overseas – Beijing, Guangzhou
PAE is actively seeking skilled and adventurous candidates to fill positions working at the heart of the diplomatic community at the U.S. Embassies in the world’s largest countries, Moscow, Russia and Beijing, China.
This program offers:
Work/life balance – Opportunity to See the World – New Beginnings – Tight Knit Community – Professional Growth – Long Term Stability – Exposure to New Cultures
If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, encourages camaraderie, and provides career advancement, join the PAE team today!
Benefits include, but are not limited to :
- 2-year Contract includes completion and extension bonuses
- 5 WEEKS Paid Leave each year, with paid transportation back to the States at the 1 year mark
- 10 US Holidays, up to 10 local Holidays off. (Time worked on this contract is the equivalent of working 10 months in a year)
- Ability to go Accompanied with spouse
- Tandem Couple opportunities (to include bonus)
- Free, fully furnished, personal housing includes utilities (except phone and Wi-Fi)
- Competitive benefits package
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists other craftspersons as directed by the American Carpenter Shop Supervisor (e.g. mechanical, electrical, building and trades) in the execution of tasks assigned to them.
- May work alone to execute tasks that are within the skill and expertise of the incumbent but which generally do not call for the Journeyman/Journeywoman or Master certification required of the various craftspersons.
- Performing routine maintenance and repair of electrical systems and appliances, plumbing and heating systems.
- Perform minor repairs to furniture, mouldings, and window sashes. Painting and plastering. Carpet installation, repair, and cleaning.
- Performs a variety of other related duties directed by supervisor.
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience in general building maintenance and/or mechanical repair.
- Must be able to perform physical labor and heavy lifting including equipment which may, upon occasion, include items up to 100 lbs.
- Must be 21 years of age or older, have completed secondary school or obtained a GED, and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government Top-Secret security clearance
PAE is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug-free workplace.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- How many years of lifting up to 100lbs experience do you have?
- How many years of general building maintenance experience do you have?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Only full-time employees eligible