Olivet Academy is a Christian private school, affiliated with Olivet University. We are looking for qualified, experienced kindergarten and elementary teachers who believe in the Bible to be inspired Word of God and who are willing to pioneer in an individualized, value-based Christian school.
- B.A./B.S. degree or an equivalent degree or educational qualification from an accredited college or university
- Teaching/tutoring experience in K-6 public or independent schools beyond student teaching, confidence in managing student behavior
- Strong skills sets in literacy, mathematics, social studies, and meeting the social and emotional needs of children
- Strong communication abilities including speaking and writing
- Actively support school’s philosophy
- Be a team member who works well together with others chosen for the school.
- Be charactered and biblically subordinate to the authority
- Two recommendation letters (One letter from your pastor is preferred)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, including fingerprinting
Teachers are expected to support and enforce the school’s mission, core values, philosophy, policies, and procedures.
Our Mission: As Christian institutions, Olivet University and Olivet Academy strive to create and promote an atmosphere consistent with the Christian faith, which encourages the student to develop his/her fullest potential, both in and out of the classroom. This atmosphere is realized through a community of students, staff, and faculty who are distinguished by their commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and to each other. Olivet University and Academy are not only interested in teaching the student how to make a living, but rather more importantly how to make a life.
Interested candidates, please send a resume, a cover letter, and two recommendations.
Job Type: Full-time