Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: The Front Office Manager is responsible for providing quality guest service within the guidelines specified by the hotel management. Oversees all Front Office operations, (Front Desk, PBX, Concierge, Bell, Door, Valet Services, and Night Audit) as well as working closely with In Room Dining and housekeeping operations. Sets and maintains a high level of guest service. Provides support for the line staff. Scheduling for all areas of Front Office operations. Properly deleting or adding any transactions that will assist in the balancing of all revenues. Monitor and maintain property interfaces. Training of all employees. Coaching, counseling, and disciplining.
The essential hospitality standards must be used all times when addressing guests and employees; eye contact, smile, speak first, engage in polite conversation, speak last, and use the guest surname.
- Meet with the desk agents to give any pertinent information
- Review Front Desk logbook for any other information or incidents.
- Review all arrivals noting any special requests or challenges
- Assess whether any guest relocation will be necessary.
- Make sure all shifts are covered as scheduled, cover as necessary.
- Follow established key control policy.
- Ensure proper credit policies are followed.
- Attend Wine Hour as specified as the monthly wine hour schedule dictates.
- Assist guests with services and requests.
- Knowledgeable of Fire and Emergency Procedures.
- Run and attend departmental my training classes/seminars when scheduled.
- Performs all other duties as directed by immediate supervisors.
- Complete other departmental duties as they become necessary.
- Professional contact via telephone with all other hotel departments such as, Reservations, Sales, Housekeeping, Bell Staff, valet, Engineering, etc...is crucial to ensure that hotel services are coordinated to provide the best in guest and employee satisfaction.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Oversee and supervise all duties performed by all Front Office employees.
- Create and post all employee schedules on Thursday by 12 noon.
- Coach, Counsel & Discipline employees when necessary, using proper documentation and proper techniques.
- Ensure that all Front Office employees complete their essential duties before their departure.
- Ensure that all Front Office employees are posted at their stations at posted time. Assist with all sick calls or tardiness by finding proper coverage, report to work and stay until proper coverage can be found.
- Assist with any scheduled shift problems on the Night audit shifts.
- Accountable for the proper training and daily monitoring of all service levels provided by employees to guests and other fellow employees.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding levels of service required by the Mystery Shopper Survey.
- Monitor and maintain proper Front Office operational supplies.
- Accountable for meeting or coming in under payroll and expense budgets.
- Accountable for maintaining and monitoring that all employees follow proper cash handling procedures.
- Accountable for the "guest ledger" and its proper daily maintenance.
- Accountable for meeting and maintaining the service scores both internal and web based.
Specific experience we're seeking:
Four years progression through rooms division management. College degree preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).