National Comfort Products is a leading manufacturer of thru-the-wall heating and air conditioning equipment for the multi-family industry and has been for over 25 years. Marketing through wholesalers who represent the finest in heating and air conditioning products. We have built our reputation on high quality products and fast, efficient service. Our team is committed to cutting-edge research and development to continuously develop products using the latest advances in energy technology and design.
This growing company requires an engineer looking to innovate current and new products through skill sets in refrigeration, airflow and controls. National Comfort Products is a division of a larger company that allows for future development and growth.
Looking to hire immediately
- Management & Leadership
- Full managerial responsibility for all aspects of engineering projects.
- Represent the engineering team by providing leadership and technical vision.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all aspects of the engineering team.
- Provide employee coaching, mentoring, development and team building.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients, suppliers and partners in support of business growth.
- Maintain an existing product line of Cooling and Heating Equipment.
- Work with manufacturing personnel, to ensure quality and conformance to drawings and specifications.
- Conduct cost reduction and reliability initiatives.
- Product Development
- Redesign or develop new products to compete in and supply the changing market demands.
- Assist in development of standard operation procedural guidelines for assembly and inspection of work in process for Pre-Pilot and Pilot runs.
- Run performance simulations to predict the best possible combination of components.
- Oversee testing (on-site lab and off-site facilities), new development and existing product enhancement.
- Interpret and communicate test results along with action plans and initiatives based on results.
- Maintain all agency listing reports, for safety and certification: AHRI, DOE and Intertek.
- Disseminate all information to appropriate line personnel regarding quality problems and engineering changes.
- Communicate and coordinate with both Vendors and Purchasing conveying issues regarding quality of vendor products.
- Work with clients and customer service to address quality and field concerns associated with our product.
- Other Duties
- Develop BOM’s, Wiring Diagrams, Schematics and Manuals for manufactured and new products.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years in HVAC design/manufacturing. Management experience preferred.
- Language skills
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read, interpret and draft documents such as safety rules, procedural manuals, operating and maintenance instructions
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Computer Skills
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, AutoCAD, SolidWorks.
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) w/ company match
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- HVAC Engineering: 2 years (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly