Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 publisher. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its top-rated app. In February, 2018, Bleacher Report was rated the 3rd most innovative media company in the world by Fast Company. Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
Bleacher Report’s communications team is uniquely positioned to tell the overall corporate narrative in partnership with the leadership team, while also continuing to be innovative and challenging the status quo in an ever-changing media landscape.
We have a hand in all corporate efforts such as executive & organizational communications; brand reputation and narrative; traditional, digital and social storytelling; event partnerships and sponsorships; messaging across all external owned, digital and social media platforms; media relations; and the overall coordinated communications strategy.
What will you be doing?
- This temporary role will sit within the B/R communications group, a part of the larger Turner Sports communications team which also includes employee communications, social/video, content development, technology, and diversity & inclusion efforts.
- This role will specifically report to the Senior Manager, Communications.
- Day-to-day activities to include: lead media monitoring/clippings, reporting/metrics and distribution; event research and editorial calendar development; media/press list management; strategic coordination with brand teams; creation and management of corporate/executive award submissions; project management activities including run of shows, connecting with internal partners on asset development, and event material needs.
- Assist with executive communications efforts including writing/updating leadership bios, coordinating executive photography with internal studios team, researching thought leadership prospects such as event/speaking engagements or profile opportunities, and researching & writing briefing documents.
- Support staff meetings, events and engagements (lunch & learns, global leadership and/or external press/partner meetings, and other various team initiatives).
- Oversee vendors and budget/invoicing.
- Mentorship and guidance for team interns.
- Will include daily administrative support for the Senior Manager, Communications and team including calendar management, meeting/call coordination and expense reports.
What do we require from you?
- 2-3 years of experience in a related field
- Degree in communications, journalism, marketing or English, or a related field
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Cision, Critical Mention a plus
- Media relations experience as well as experience crafting and writing messaging preferred
- Attention to detail and a passion for learning
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong initiative and solid ability to build relationships both internally and externally
- Solid understanding of the business and various team functions
- Project-management experience
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.