The Materials Science & Engineer Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Specialist to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- This position will serve as support to the Administrative Coordinator and will be responsible for various routine and non-routine administrative support activities for departmental research.
- This responsibility will include, but is not limited to: requisition and P-Card purchasing, distribution and tracking of purchased items, faculty and student travel, and other various duties in support of departmental faculty research activities.
- The employee will plan and carry out assignments and resolve problems and deviations in accordance with instructions, policies, and accepted practices.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Associate's degree and three years of moderately responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple assignments effectively.
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and list of 3 references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled