TriMark USA, LLC. is one of the country's largest providers of design services, equipment and supplies to the foodservice industry. TriMark offers foodservice operators a new level of service by combining the hands-on support and local market knowledge of a strong, regional supplier with the purchasing strength, industry expertise, and delivery capabilities of a national company. We work closely with our customers, which include national restaurant chains, independent restaurant operators, healthcare facilities, entertainment venues, and many other segments, to provide the products and services that will help them operate more efficiently and realize better bottom line results.
As a member of the corporate accounting department, the Financial Analyst will directly support senior management by analyzing divisional and entity-wide financial results, budgeting, forecasting, performing variance analysis, providing acquisition support, ad-hoc financial analysis and preparing board presentations. This position provides a unique opportunity for a motivated self-starter to demonstrate their ability to add significant value to the corporate finance team.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Analyze current and past trends and variances in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, operating expenses and capital expenditures.
- Leverage advanced Excel and financial modeling skills to develop and maintain financial models used in reporting.
- Work effectively with divisions to understand key business drivers and enhance financial modeling and forecast accuracy.
- Coordinate with multiple data sources to consolidate information while ensuring the integrity of the financial information housed within the financial databases.
- Prepare financial presentations for both internal and external stakeholders – i.e. ownership, management, lenders, etc. – primarily using Excel and PowerPoint.
- Identify and implement process improvements as they relate to data management, including taking an integral role in the Company’s implementation of Tableau data analysis software.
- Manage time effectively in order to meet deadlines across multiple projects.
- Create various ad hoc reports and perform analysis as required.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP – specifically financial statements and the relationships between them.
- Strong understand of the relationships between sales, COGS, AR and inventory and the ability to apply that knowledge for financial modeling purposes.
- Exceptional in MS Office – advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills imperative.
- Independent thinker and decision maker.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with divisional finance leaders.
- Ability to communicate effectively on a written and verbal basis to various levels of internal/external personnel.
- The ability to make logical assumptions, incorporate internal and external information, and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines.
- Intuition to identify and implement process improvements is strongly desired.
- The ability to manage multiple assignments, have good judgment and prioritize projects and time effectively.
- Attention to detail and very organized.
- Understand and support the confidential nature of the position and all related functions
- Be accustomed to performing critical self-review of work.
- Experience with Tableau software a plus.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a financial analysis role.
- Public accounting experience preferred, but not necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Reporting: 4 years (Required)
- Financial Analysis: 1 year (Required)