Global Circuit Innovations
4182 Center Park Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80916
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Job Type: Full-Time; Exempt
Reports To: VP Finance
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
Date: July 2020
GCI’s Reverse Engineering provides proven reliable obsolescence solutions while saving our customers time & money by avoiding unnecessary system redesigns, often providing a Return on Investment (ROI) of 10 to 1 thus avoiding 90% of the cost and 70% of the lead-time.
The Accounting Manager will be stepping into a growing small to mid-size organization located in Colorado Springs, Co. The successful candidate will be a dynamic individual with job costing and development accounting skills/experience. The candidate will also have the capacity to focus on the details while working towards the overall strategic financial initiatives that contributes to the forward growth of the business. The candidate will generally support and maintain, but not limited to, the tactical execution of general ledger and financial statement management with a heighten sense of net income profitability.
- Direct and manage all financial analysis and support on commercial and government quotations/bids. This includes:
- Partner with the program management team for the complete and timely compilation of proposal costing and analysis
- Review, manage, and communicate proposal profitability and the corresponding impact to overall corporate initiatives and budget/LRP expectations
- Develop and manage a streamlined and approved bid/quotation financial model that provides the necessary outcome while minimizing inefficiencies in staff hours
- Ensure successful and timely invoicing on government contracts in Wide Area Workflow (WAWF) systems
- Direct and manage all DCAA and external financial and operational audits. This includes:
- Responsible to be the single point of contact that fields all questions/requests with the intent to manage the repository of requested information and to ensure the timely delivery and compilation of information required from other internal staff members.
- Incurred Cost Submissions (ICS) – Includes both year-end and Provisionals
- Manage cost classification system and design to support government contracting efforts (i.e. allowable/unallowable, cost pools, indirect cost management, etc.) in relation to:
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Chart of accounts
- Proposal development/support
- Lead the Monthly Operating Review (MOR) with the Senior Team. This includes:
- Generate, compile, analyze all financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)
- Provide a thorough variance analysis and understanding relative to prior comparable periods (PCP) such as budget or prior year
- Generate, compile, analyze a thorough financial forward outlook (in relation to the LRP and to PCPs) for the balance of the year that specifically identifies risk/opportunities required to meet budget/forecast expectations
- Design, develop, and implement timely and detailed annual budgets and quarterly forecasts on all financial statements with a heighten focus on Net Income and Cash Flow. This includes:
- Business partnership with program management on sales and cost planning
- Effective allocation of costs to understand department profitability and Contribution Margins
- Effective and clear communication to department heads of financial plans to support corporate growth initiatives
- Develop improved internal controls that drives, but not limited to:
- Prevention of fraud
- Reduction of inefficiency in staff hours
- Improves streamline and effective processes
- Lead the bi-weekly payroll process. This includes:
- Develop internal controls and expectations
- Manage timecards
- Maintain corporate filings/records
- Drive asset management planning and protection of
- Lead year-end tax planning and support with firm CPA on the timely delivery based on IRS deadlines. This includes:
- Sales & Use tax filing
- Manage the Staff Accountant. This includes:
- The successful transition of duties to support the accountant
- Mentor/train/evaluate accounting staff
- Complete oversight and responsibility of day-to-day accounting activity as driven by the Senior Accountant
- Complete ownership of administration. This includes, but is not limited to:
- 401K Administration
- Employment background testing
- I9 management
- Employee benefits/enrollment
- Timecard processes
- Thorough knowledge of laws, statutes, rules, regulations, procedures and forms applicable to the operation of the Accounting team such as general accounting principles, internal controls, reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable best practices, and testing of financial software interfaces.
- Communication skills, both oral and written, which enable respectable and diplomatic interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess exceptional creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of accounting management, system analysis, and process analysis/development.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of interpersonal skills to influence persons at all levels specifically within a small to mid-size organization.
- Ability to grasp complex and widely varied issues quickly, develop plans to implement actions to address the issues, and be able to communicate those issues in a clear, concise manner to management, staff, entities, and vendors.
- Shows initiative and self-motivation, a self-starter and works independently.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of professional accounting experience with a mid-size to large organization
- Experience with Quickbooks Desktop required
- Detailed understanding of GAAP
- Excellent MS Excel skills and proficient in other MS products
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage several projects/tasks at one time
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Experience in Government Accounting preferred
PRE-EMPLOYMENT ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must successfully pass pre-employment testing which may include an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR) and background check.
- Work is generally confined to a standard office environment.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position.
- Spends 90% of the time sitting and 10% of the time either standing or walking.
- Verbal and auditory capacity enabling constant interpersonal communication through automated devices, such as telephones, radios, and similar; and in public meetings and personal interactions.
- Constant use of eye, hand and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery or equipment.
- Visual capacity enabling constant use of computer or other work-related equipment.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
Please apply submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $49,044.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Accounting: 8 years (Required)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page: