Camps Tel Noar (co-ed-Hampstead, NH), and Tevya (co-ed-Brookline, NH) were founded more than 75 years ago as non- profit, Jewish culture camps. Our camps welcome staff and campers from a broad spectrum of Jewish practices and observances. Tel Noar and Tevya are all about embracing relationships and building community, spreading spirit throughout camp, and making differences in our campers’ lives.
The Cohen Camps combine the traditions of the past with 21st century activities and program, reflecting the needs of today’s campers.
Boys and Girls Head Counselors - Camps Tel Noar and Tevya
Ideal Seasonal Leadership Positions for Educators, Graduate Students and Those on Ten
Month Work Schedules Who Embrace Camp Spirit and Community
June 22 – August 20, 2020
Responsibilities of Head Counselors:
- Oversee and coordinate bunk life, camper care, health, safety, and programs
- Participation at New Camper Orientation and Pre-Camp Leadership Weekend
- Pre-camp preparation may be required.
- 3-5 years of direct camp staff supervisory experiences, and work with children in a camp or informal education setting
- Proven experiences coordinating and supervising staffs are assets.
- Bachelor’s degree, those candidates with majors in education, Jewish Communal work, social work, recreation or physical education are encouraged to apply.
Benefits of a Head Counselor:
- Housing with air-conditioning and bath
- Worker’s compensation coverage
- Camper tuition assistance if child(ren) attend one of our camps
Visit www.camptelnoar.org and www.camptevya.org to complete our online staff application under Work at Camp, or call Sue Siegel, Cohen Camp recruiter, 781-489-2070 to find out more details, and to set up an interview.
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/camptelnoar, or www.facebook.com/camptevya.
Cohen Camps are accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA), and Members of the Association of Independent Jewish Camps (AIJC)
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Salary: $2,000.00 to $3,000.00 /month
- professional: 3 years (Preferred)
- What are your three qualities that set you apart as a professional who has worked with children?
Full Time Opportunity: