- Public Speaking
- Social Work License
Camp Harbor View changes lives and transforms Boston’s communities by exposing underserved youth to the possibilities of a future they may have never envisioned. We provide unique experiences that let kids be kids, build confidence, unlock creativity, broaden horizons, and foster skills for successful lives. Our exceptional summer day camp and year-long programming helps kids envision new pathways to success by providing life-shaping experiences at a critical time in their lives. The framework of Camp Harbor View’s philosophy puts fun first with programs in boating, arts, athletics, music, aquatics, education, and leadership development. Deep empathy and acceptance open the way to discovering new ways of being. Camp Harbor View models and instils the core values of fun, respect, responsibility, character, courage, and community. The structure of both personal and group challenges with healthy competition creates profound connections with peers, leadership qualities, and liberates the potential of young campers.
Title/Position: Clinical Coordinator
Reports to: Clinical Program Supervisor
Location: Camp Harbor View, Boston MA
The Clinical Coordinator (LCSW) supports and assists in the overall service delivery of clinical and support services with a diverse population of adolescents and families in a comprehensive and strength-based manner. The Clinical Coordinator is a key member of the Support Services Team, which includes providing therapeutic interventions in the form of individual counseling, groups, workshops, and crisis interventions in order to support clients in achieving their goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop treatment plans for all clients on caseload and assure that all clinical services are delivered to children and families as indicated
- Serve as primary supervisor for 2 Master of Social Work students around treatment planning, documentation, client issues, and learning goal attainment
- Provides direct therapeutic services to clients as needed including group work, individual and family therapy
- Coordinates psycho-educational workshops for Camp Harbor View teens and parents
- Collaborate with staff regarding program development
- Assume a caseload of teens, parents, and families
- Coordinate and facilitate parent support groups
- Schedule and participate in weekly individual clinical supervision
- Assure that documentation meets the required standards for CHV’s program
- Provide consultation and support to the leadership team as needed
- Participate in and facilitate agency-wide teams and projects as directed
- Participate in data collection and review to evaluate individual and program success – set goals for improvement based on overall strategies and objectives of the larger program
- Provide crisis intervention and guidance to staff regarding clinical components of crisis intervention and treatment strategies
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with program partners
- Foster staff satisfaction and a positive team atmosphere
- Complete other duties as assigned by the leadership team in a timely and professional manner
- Assist colleagues as needed when their workload becomes too great
- Master’s degree in social work required
- Minimum of 2 years of direct experience with children and families.
- Must be licensed, LCSW required
- Supervision experience preferred
- Strong understanding and support of Camp Harbor View’s mission statement, as well as an understanding of individuals served, staff, and constituents from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated clinical skills in strength-based environment
- Commitment to building positive community support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal communication, group leadership skills, public speaking and clinical writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to provide leadership, to work effectively and flexibly in a team environment and to maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to set priorities, and manage multiple tasks to deadline
- Computer skills including use of databases
- Ability to function as a change agent
- Ability to handle conflict, stress, and think on one’s feet
- Ability to delegate responsibility effectively and to work with conflict in a positive and constructive manner.
- Ability to define expectations and communicate them effectively.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
Job Type: Full-time