Full Job Description
API Legal Outreach is the largest social justice legal organization serving the Asian Pacific Islander and Latino
communities of the Greater Bay Area. Founded in 1975, our mission is to provide culturally competent and
linguistically appropriate legal, social, and educational services to the most marginalized segments of the API
community including low-income women, seniors, immigrants, and youth. With offices in Oakland and San
Francisco, our work is focused in the areas of Violence Against Women/Family Law, Immigration and Immigrant
Rights, Senior Law and Elder Abuse Prevention, Anti-Human Trafficking services, Youth Violence Prevention,
the preservation of affordable housing and tenants' rights, and other social justice issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide case management and social services to eligible clients, particularly in the area of youth
survivors of human trafficking and other violence.
2. Work with APILO youth project and Youth Advisory Council.
3. Provide community education and outreach on issues of significant concern to the community.
4. Provide intake and assessment services through telephone and in-person interviews with potential
clients and callers.
5. Provide technical assistance and training to CBOs, schools, public agencies, APILO volunteers
and pro bono panel.
6. Work with community partners, schools, law enforcement, and other youth serving agencies
in service coalitions and collaborations.
7. Represent the organization at community and other meetings.
1. At least two (2) years experience in providing case management and social services to youth,
working with survivors of interpersonal violence, youth violence, and/or human trafficking in the
Asian/Pacific Islander, or other communities of color.
2. Demonstrated commitment to social justice and to serve disadvantaged persons.
3. Social work, counseling degree or completion of other comparable program of study.
4. Completion of 40-hour domestic violence counselor training or willingness to complete such
5. Bilingual and bicultural skills in API languages and cultures.
6. California driver's license and own vehicle preferred.
7. Ability to work well in a team oriented, multi-cultural work environment.
Hours: Minimum of 40 hours per week including some weekend and evening hours.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, based on salary scale; includes health insurance, paid vacation,
holiday, sick leave.
If interested, send cover letter and resume with 3 professional references to: Personnel Committee,
email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Position is open until filled.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Affirmative Action