This is an internship for college credit + monetary compensation.
Site director for Ultimate Tournament Series. Helps manage individual tournament locations, grounds crew, umpires, game scores, etc. Hourly pay plus college credit. Great for Sports Management Majors. Weekends April- July.
Ultimate Tournament Series Assistant Spring/Summer 2020
As a successful Intern, you will be responsible for assisting with all phases tournament operations at the Cicero Sports Complex Cicero, IN and or Fall Creek Baseball & Softball in Indianapolis. This internship is best suited for someone that has the ability to commute frequently to Cicero, IN and or the Northeast side of Indianapolis. This is a paid internship with the goal of helping college students get experience in the sports administration and youth sports field while earning college credits. This job is open to college or high school students who are able to get school credit for this internship.
- Assist the Tournament Director with the execution of travel tournaments.
- Serve as a Tournament Official – providing customer service to coaches, players, and fans.
- Assist with team registration, opening ceremonies, and trophy presentations.
- Perform basic grounds crew duties such as field work and clean-up duties.
- Perform different roles where needed—umpire, concession stand worker, janitor, etc.
- Convey and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
- Demonstrate the initiative, desire, and drive to represent Ultimate Tournament Series and its reputation as a great host
- Work with staff to achieve objectives effectively and efficiently
- Must be used toward college credit.
- Prior experience in a customer service environment
- Prior sports experience, playing or coaching, preferably in baseball or softball
- An outgoing, friendly personality and excellent communication skills, strong initiative, and high-energy
- Ability to work from Late April- July. (Intern will be expected to work all weekends from May 1 to July 26 . Intern will also be expected to work a couple evenings during the week once his or her spring semester is over.)
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds, work in dust, dirt, rain, and extreme weather conditions
- The ability to problem-solve, adapt to dynamic circumstances, and pay attention to detail
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $8.00 /hour
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $8.00 to $10.00 /hour
Job Types: Internship, Contract
Pay: $8.00 - $10.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail