The mission of the NC State University Department of Athletics is to prepare student-athletes to compete at the highest level and to inspire them to be leaders now and for the future by providing the best environment to achieve their athletic, academic, and personal aspirations as well as providing support for the professional development of our coaches and staff, all within the role of the greater institutional relationships to the University. This position will work within Athletic Administration providing support for the HR Director and other members of Athletic Administration.
Essential Job Duties
- Serve as Human Resources Assistant, reporting to the Director of Human Resources, to help provide for the overall human resources needs and personnel management of NC State Athletics.
- Manage employee lifecycle for temporary and student employees, including creating, posting, and modifying positions in People Admin, recruitment, hiring and onboarding processes, entering job change and termination actions into People Soft, completing offboarding checklist, etc.
- Assist with recruitment and hiring of SHRA and EHRA positions, including creating, posting and modifying positions in People Admin, assisting with recruitment, hiring and onboarding processes, etc.
- Manage onboarding process for new employees, including but not limited to: completing I-9 forms in everify system, coordinating new employee orientation, ensuring onboarding checklist and required forms are completed, updating new employee handbook and staff directory, etc.
- Assist with management of non-salary compensation for Athletic Department including but not limited to: relocation stipends, taxation of complimentary items, calculation and processing of taxation of courtesy car usage and serve as a resource for department on non-salary comp.
- Coordinate staff leave process with university HR, to include mid-year and year-end close out, and serve as a resource to employees regarding leave and the university’s WolfTime leave system.
- Assist with Worker’s Compensation paperwork and process.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of applicable HR policies and procedures in order to complete assigned tasks.
- Serve as office manager for Weisiger-Brown (W-B) Athletic Facility during normal business hours and as requested, including but not limited to: providing customer service to guests, ordering supplies, reconciling purchase cards, arranging travel, planning special events, and assisting with special projects, as requested and assigned.
- As a representative of NC State Athletics, be courteous, professional and knowledgeable, answer questions in an accurate and timely manner, and maintain a professional appearance.
- At all times, exercise sound judgment and discretion regarding confidentiality of human resources records and personnel information.
- Must be knowledgeable of University and NCAA Compliance policies regarding employees, visitors, recruits, and other related factors.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Departmental Required Skills
Prior human resources or administrative experience operating at a fast pace.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Prefer one year prior experience in an athletic program.
One year prior experience with PeopleSoft HR and Financials or similar program.
Required License or Certification
Please attach the following documents:
Contact information for 3 references
Job Open Date 03/13/2019
Must Be Open Until- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.) 03/19/2019
Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies? No
Proposed Hire Date 04/15/2019
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.