Denver's premier fiber optic splicing team, AFR has been building, maintaining, and restoring fiber optic plants in Colorado, and the greater Front Range since 1998. AFR's mission is simple: offer customers the most knowledgeable, efficient, and cost effective fiber optic splicing, testing, documentation, and emergency restoration service in the industry.
Under direction of the Lead Technician, the Splice Technician is responsible for, but not limited to, splicing, terminating, and testing fiber optic systems while following all safety policies and AFR practices and procedures.
- Splice, test, troubleshoot, and terminate fiber optic cables.
- Use proper methods and procedures, as shortcuts and deviations are not tolerated.
- Use the proper PPE at all times.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures, to ensure a safe work environment for self and others.
- Follows and uses AFR methods and practices to ensure a quality product.
- Works efficiently with crew members with a sense of urgency.
- Primary concern is customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for getting it right the first time.
- Acknowledges and respects all safety policies and procedures of AFR and our customers.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Must pass Federal and State Criminal Background Investigation.
- Knowledge of Standard Color-Code.
- Working knowledge of safety policies and industry standards and procedures.
- Working knowledge of computer programs, such as Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Willingness to learn additional software programs.
- Willingness to learn and adopt AFR standards and company policies.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays where needed.
- Must have a clean driving record and valid driver's license.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds independently.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to work long hours.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- Must not be color blind
- Splice Technicians are the first line representative of AFR, and will consistently present the company in the best possible light.
Monday through Friday 0700 - 1530, including some nights, weekends, and/or holidays. On-call and overtime is required.
Work location is 90% on job sites and 10% in office.
Compensation dependent on skill level and experience. Preferred to have 1 year minimum experience in cabling or telecommunications field, but not required. Training and certifications will be provided where necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
- Telecommunications: 1 year (Required)
Typical start time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative