Assists with Conversion to new Accounting System including planning for new structure and mapping old system accounts to new. Propose, Build, and Maintain Reports to combine old system data with new data subsequent to conversion.
Coordinates Internal Audits – complete prep work, schedule, handle audit report submission for review and approval, and help assure associates are following established procedures for use of the organization's financial systems. Will work to ensure that consistent practices are used throughout the company to maintain the integrity of the financial data. Support the internal Corps audit processes, and various other functions requiring specialized skill and experience as outlined under responsibilities. Performs Shelby accounting system data mining as required to continue to meet reporting needs, to meet audit standards in keeping with organizational policy.
- Manage special requirements of Accounting System Conversion
- Create and manage special reports & queries as needed
- Oversee Conversion to New Systems
- Journal Upload Support for mass entries like Credit Card Charges
- Troubleshoot software & user errors
- Oversee improvements on ACH and back-up doc scanning
- Prepare accounts number mapping on current system for Territorial Standardization
- Assist with electronic payment option development
- Assist with converting from paper to scans as back up documentation
- Assist with payroll journal processing / Journal Upload Support
- Facilitate training for DHQ Finance staff and others as needed
- Oversee the Corps and SA Residence Audit Process
- Prepare required reports for audit package
- Transmit approved audits to Corps & THQ
- Follow up audits to completion
- Support Annual Command Review Finance Reporting
- Coordinate the preparation of worksheets required for Corps
- Prepare worksheets required for DHQ funds
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or AccountingEight years of experience in the field
- Experience in accounting systems conversion and background in nonprofit auditing requirements and procedures.
- Capabilities in creating and building special reports and preparing automated financial reports from accounting systems as required for audits and as needed to keep leadership informed (dashboard)
- Proficiency in Shelby software data mining and reporting, knowledge of proper structure of funds, departments and detail accounts, good ability in building special reports, experience with Jet reports, Excel and Pivot Tables & IBM Notes helpful
- Good written and verbal communication skills.