Responsible for various accounting, financial reporting, bookkeeping and billing functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for serving as the single point of contact for all patient refunds after the refund submittal. This will include the gathering of refund information, disbursement of refund, accurately entering refund in the patient account system, making entries in the accounting system, receive and research subsequent phone calls pertaining to the refund, and void uncashed and stale-dated checks on a timely manner. accounts.
2. Responsible for the billing, preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the Agency’s state, local, and other funded programs accurately and on a timely basis as required by the agencies.
3. Responsible for the production of reports as requested by management and funding sources as required by compiling, researching, and analyzing data regarding the expenditures of grants.
4. Provides excellent internal/external customer service via telephone, fax or face-to-face contact to assist patients with their health care needs.
5. Assist the Budget Manager in the processing and development of budgets and Financial Statements by: comparing and analyzing data, researching revenue and expense accounts for accuracy of coding, posting, and other related functions and posting the related journal entries.
6. Participates in the fiscal year end audit by ensuring the timely production of audit schedules and at time of audit; provides all necessary support documentation.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must have a High school diploma or equivalent
Must be detailed oriented and PC proficient
Must have proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications especially in Excel
Must have 1-3 years progressive experience in accounting or related position, preferably in a health care environment
Must be able to type 40 wpm and 10-key by touch
Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
Finger Dexterity: Using fingers to make small movements such as typing or picking up small objects.
Talking: Frequently conveying detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, clearly, or quickly.
Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Repetitive Motions: Frequently and regularly using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
Visual: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or other materials.
Physical: Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. May have to lift folders, files, papers, audio/video equipment, and other such items weighing up to approximately 25 lbs.