Strategic Account Manager
Alco Manufacturing Corporation, LLC Elyria, Ohio
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Strategic Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with strategically important large customers. Assigned to three to five named customers, the Strategic Account Manager is responsible for forecasting and achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives. The Strategic Account Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one-year period.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Achieves assigned sales quota in designated strategic accounts.
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by company management.
- Completes strategic customer account plans that meet company standards.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Reports to the Director of Business Development.
- Enlists the support of inside sales specialists, customer service reps, production planning, operations, engineering, quality, and other sales and management resources as needed to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management.
- This position may have direct report staff assigned to support responsibilities in specific customer
- Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited institution. Engineering preferred but not required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment. Machining preferred but not required.
- Minimum ten years of strategic sales experience in a business-to business sales environment.
- PC/Software proficiency, Microsoft Office, Outlook, ERP Systems.
WHO WE ARE: Founded in 1971, Alco Manufacturing Corporation, LLC is one of North America’s largest manufacturer of precision machined products, including hydraulic hose fittings, air conditioning and refrigeration couplings, tube fittings, adapters, quick disconnect, Garden Hose, LP Gas, Plumbing, and other fluid power components. We are a world class supplier of precision machined components and fittings in steel, stainless steel, brass, and aluminum. We use the latest technologies and equipment to machine tens of thousands of pounds of raw material daily. Our products are made in the USA at our manufacturing plants located in Ohio, Michigan and Illinois.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This position requires ~40% travel throughout North America.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.
- Full Benefits package including a contributory medical plan, which includes a prescription drug program, a voluntary dental plan, and vision benefits. The benefits package also includes non-contributory short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and AD&D plans as well as voluntary dependent life insurance. We also provide an attractive 401K Retirement Plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year