El Segundo, CA (California)
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
An appointment for an intern currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university to develop business web application software. Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical
Excellence, Commitment to Our People, lntegrity and Objectivity.
- Perform various software development tasks to build and maintain a suite of web-based business
- Work in a team environment and collaborate with senior software developers, test analysts and operations
- Tasks may include design and coding for mobile/web applicationts, testing and documentation.
Performance standards to be successful in this internship position include:
Strong written and oral communication skills
Must work well in a team environment
Must possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills
Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company’s values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program in Computer Science or
related field from an accredited college/university.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience and/or coursework in Java programming and software development.
- Requires the ability to obtain a DoD secret security clearance (US Citizenship required)
- Currnetly completing freshman, sophomore or junior undergraduate study with a strong academic record
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, to self-initiate activities, and to work within timelines
- Must possess time management and project management skills
- Experience creating and using RESTful web services.
- Participation in extracurricular activites related to assignment.
Temporary housing assistance is not available.
The Aerospace Corporation functions as the nation’s independent testing, assessment, and research center for national security space systems, specializing in advanced military space systems. Aerospace offers summer internship positions at our headquarters in El Segundo, California, and our campuses in Chantilly, Virginia, Colorado and New Mexico to give students the opportunity to work in the scientific, technical, or administrative areas of the company.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title:
TECHNICAL INTERN REQ
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market:
Application Developer, Developer, Java, Temporary, Computer Science, Technology, Contract