Full-Time, Summer Intern 2019
: Corporate Headquarters, Information Technology Department
Undergraduate Level Preferred
Founded in 1912, ITW is a fortune 250, global industrial company centered on a differentiated and proprietary business model. The company’s seven industry leading segments leverage the ITW Business Model to generate solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer focused solutions are required. ITW’s 50,000+ dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in our decentralized, entrepreneurial culture.
Some ITW Divisions and Products you may have heard of:
Internship Program Overview
- Hi-Cone: Packaging systems for beer and soft drinks
- ITW Deltar: Capless refueling system, which created a new standard in auto manufacturing.
- Rain-X: Windshield Wipers, Glass Cleaners, Car Washes, etc.
ITW’s internship program provides unparalleled access to challenging opportunities in high-growth, dynamic industries. Interns are encouraged to think and act like entrepreneurs and are provided significant responsibility and autonomy to get things done. As an intern, you will gain substantial personal learning and career development opportunities through ownership of real-world job assignments, strong coaching and mentorship and networking with senior leaders across the Enterprise.
ITW’s IT Internship Program is aimed at providing meaningful work and experience to our interns with strong managers serving as their mentors. We expect this summer internship program to give you marketable experiences and skills, as well as introduce you to ITW’s unique way of doing business.As an IT Intern you will be working at our corporate office in Glenview, IL; one of Chicago’s northern suburbs. Our campus includes a fitness center at no cost to the employees, cafeteria, outdoor volleyball courts, walking trails around the facility, employee resource groups, corporate discounts, dry cleaning services, covered/outdoor parking, and much more. We are one block walk to the nearest Metra station, and it is a quick 20-minute train ride to downtown Chicago, museums, lakefront, and other activities
What You Will Do
What We Are Looking For
- Conducting Application Assessments
- Security Program Development Assistance
- Digital Forensics Assistance
- Conducting Phishing Tests
- Aiding in Network Security Monitoring
- Currently enrolled in an Undergraduate Degree Program with a focus on Information Technology, Informatics, or Business. Junior status preferred.
- Maintenance of a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is required
- Possesses the interpersonal skills to assist end-users in learning new tools and to solicit detailed functional requirements for new system adaptions
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; and to work in a diverse and changing environment
- Collaborates well in both one-on-one and team work settings
- Basic security knowledge (at least one core security class)
- Basic networking knowledge
- Basic operating system knowledge: Windows, Linux, Solaris, OS X
- The desire to learn about new security concepts and techniques
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees of ITW are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. Follow the link above to read more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email corp_accessibility at itw.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.