Responsible for day-to-day EHS activity and support for that facility. This includes the development, planning and execution of Environmental Health and Safety programs & policies. This individual will also function in a team environment with other members of the plant level staff, Technicians and Hourly personnel to ensure EHS compliance.
Essential Responsibilities:Key responsibilities include:
- Provide functional expertise and execute upon all EHS and medical issues.
- Ensure compliance of plant operations with regulatory requirements relating to air, solid waste, chemical, water, health and safety.
- Drive accountability with all functions and associates to aggressively reduce accident and injuries.
- Implement and lead safety committee to increase levels of safety performance.
- Provide functional expertise and take action for facility to attain OSHA VPP or equivalent certification.
- Apply ergonomic principles to improve workstations and minimize injuries.
- Take action to reduce worker's compensation and disability costs.
- Perform associated and other duties as required.
- BS or BA in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Engineering or related field
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and drive multiple programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EHS and government regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Professional certifications (PG, PE, LSP, etc).
- Experience managing projects and/or EHS compliance.
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and other responsibilities, adjust to changing priorities and to make decisions with speed and accuracy based on available information
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse, cross-functional, internal and external team across different time zones.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
United States; South Carolina; Florence
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.