Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Nashville, TN, USA; Charlotte, NC, USA; Raleigh, NC, USA; Kansas City, MO, USA; Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. In this role at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
Google Fiber is Google’s internet product where we offer super-fast internet, TV and phone service. We have Fiber Space stores across 10 cities where our key objectives are: customer acquisition and customer service.
As the Head of National Strategy and Operations, you'll ensure that Google is focused on our customers across all of our retail locations. You will lead a team of Customer Experience Managers to define Google Fiber Retail strategies across driving a customer experience to work towards performance across key metrics for customer acquisition and customer service as well as ensure retail operations standards are defined and executed. You'll help develop a team focused on driving customer acquisition, retention and satisfaction while ensuring excellence in every customer touchpoint. You will also lead and shape the overall retail channel strategy working cross-functionally across Google Fiber.
At Access, our mission is to create abundant internet on networks that are always fast and always open. Google Fiber provides superfast Internet to homes across the U.S. We want to bring Google Fiber to customers even faster, so we’re focused on making deployment more efficient and less intrusive.
- Review Sales and Customer Service performance against goals for each Google Fiber Space market and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Set strategic direction and manage national Vendor team, who provides the Operational teams that work in our Fiber Spaces everyday.
- Define and lead initiatives to drive traffic, conversion, and first-in-class customer service experience.
- Identify and lead cross-channel opportunities to create a seamless omni-channel environment across all customer channels and touch points, working with cross-functional partners (Marketing, Finance, Legal, Customer Service, etc.) and local market leadership teams.
- Define operational processes and visual merchandising standards and make sure that they are met every day within the Google Fiber Space. Develop specific steps to increase performance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in an operational role in retail and/or e-commerce of direct business-to-consumer experience. Experience as a District Manager or equivalent role with direct responsibility.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- MBA or a graduate degree in a management, technical or engineering field.
- Understanding of retail business models, success drivers and their underlying economics.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, self-starter with the ability to work in ambiguous and changing environments of a growth business.
- Effective project management and influence skills; leading and working across cross-functional teams from concept creation to execution.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.