Catering Sales Manager
SERAFINA - at the Italian Center of Stamford
You: Experienced, reliable, outgoing sales professional with proven track record, able to develop new business and client relationships as well as secure repeat business from established clients for our newly renovated banquet facilities. Enterprising and ambitious people person willing to give their best to each client and be part of a dynamic team.
Us: SERAFINA, new at the Italian Center of Stamford, a luxuriously renovated banquet facility offering gracious hospitality, personalized service and professional catering to our distinguished guests in one of our three elegant banquet rooms or our beautiful outdoor picnic area. Offering full time employment with competitive compensation and benefits.
Some of the challenging and exciting duties and responsibilities of the Catering Sales Manager include (but are not limited to):
- Developing effective sales plans.
- Developing new client relationships through sales calls and on-site visits to local companies, schools, sports organizations, municipalities, social organizations and other relevant business’ and associations.
- Developing and maintaining a computerized sales log on all prospective customers and new accounts.
- Generating monthly online reports regarding all aspects client accounts (status, current, pending, closed, etc.)
- Generate sales leads that translate into bookings.
- Attend local Chamber of Commerce and other trade organization events in order to develop leads.
- Work directly with clients including initial inquiries, correspondence and scheduled appointments. Develop and finalize client contracts.
- Assist Banquet Director in managing client events including but not limited to private and corporate functions, banquets, weddings and picnics. Assist in managing and directing event staff and fulfilling needs of clients.
If you are an experienced, polished professional with top level customer service and communication skills, please submit your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration. EOE.
- 3-5 years direct sales. Working knowledge of sales techniques, sales plans, call logs
- Possess strong and effective written, verbal, time management and client service skills
- Excellent presentation and closing skills.
- Experience in food service or hospitality industry in an assistant, event planner or manager’s role preferred. Experience in a medium to large catering hall or business establishment a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a busy, shared office environment.
- Working knowledge of industry related software such as Caterease a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: