This individual enables sales growth through the successful completion of customer on-site cross reference projects for the sales force while providing information to support Grainger Sales Initiatives. This is achieved by identifying and converting customer items to an equivalent Grainger Redbook items using product and industry knowledge as well as knowledge of the items Grainger carries in the Redbook. Additionally the Cross Reference Specialist is responsible for time management and project tracking while ensuring positive customer impact.
- Cross reference customer items to Grainger products in a complete, accurate and timely fashion
- Leverage product and customer knowledge to complete desktop crossing of customer items and data elements as needed
- Post completed information to the applicable databases to support department metrics
- Proactive communication with Field including Sales, Branch and Keep Stock, Customer, Supervisor and Project Planner related to progress and capacity.
- Executes desktop crossing strategy as defined by CRS leadership, customer and local sales team.
- Provide product standardization suggestions when applicable
·3-5 years of experience in related field preferred
·Knowledge of industry as well as Grainger product categories required
·Strong working knowledge of the Internet, Outlook, Excel and other various Microsoft applications
·Strong interpersonal and relationship development skills
·Able to communicate professionally with internal and external customers (written and verbal)
·Customer Service background preferred
·Process management skills in order to collaborate cross-functionally and meet project timelines
·Must demonstrate good business judgment, decision making skills and attention to detail
·Ability to manage multiple tasks with specific deadlines, clarify ambiguous situations, resolve outstanding issues and react quickly to changes in direction
·Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, become competent in, and effectively apply new processes and technologies as well as promote change in an environment of rapidly evolving technologies
- Strong technical knowledge on a variety of general MRO products to ensure seamless product transition to customers