The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Space technology connects millions of people around the world and we’re accelerating tomorrow’s breakthroughs to help our customers stay ahead in an ever-changing world. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee. Space values your skills, training, and development.
In this early career level Program Planning role, you will work within the Special Programs organization. Special Programs has an excellent track record of stable programs with highly evolving technical requirements that drives subcontract changes on a regular basis. We have developed a significant number of future leaders with a wide variety of engagement programs and challenging work to develop individual potential. This is an ideal opportunity to advance your career in Program Planning and Program Management. Our team members are enthusiastic self-starters who are eager to learn in a fast-paced environment. If you are someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, we welcome you to join our team.
Existing knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) business rhythms and program planning will help you jump right in to managing an element of the existing integrated master schedule (IMS), working to maintain a compliant IMS which accurately and comprehensively validates contractual scope, work flow, and resources required to execute the program.
Key responsibilities in this role will include:
Benefits of Employment:
- Establish and coordinate business rhythms required to accomplish program control
- Utilize applicable project management tools and metrics to communicate schedule impacts and proposed work arounds to applicable stakeholders, as well as perform impactful schedule analyses
- Interface with a variety of program functional organizations such as Engineering, Procurement, Contracts, Business Management, and Program Management while working with the entire planning team to translate customer requirements into the program baseline
- Work with cross-functional teams to maintain and coordinate vertical and horizontal schedule integration between supplemental schedules, the IMS, and the Program Summary Master Schedule
- Perform Critical Path analysis on schedule networks
- Serve as liaison by maintaining, publishing, and presenting relevant planning and scheduling information and metrics to provide visibility and communicate potential issues to management and engineering
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Bachelors degree with 2-3 years of related professional experience; or 1 year of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must have a TS/SCI w/poly security clearance
- Experience in Microsoft Project
- Experience in Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) development and maintenance
- Understanding of scheduling/planning principals
- Basic understanding of Earned Value Management
- Experience interacting across a variety of areas such as Engineering, Procurement, Contracts, Business Management, Production and/or Quality Control
- Microsoft Project familiarity
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to handle change in a dynamic environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.