Summary: Provides authorized functions as specified by the Board of Dental Examiners for a Dental Hygienist. Promote dental health by completing dental prophylaxis; providing oral cancer screening and performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act. Provides instruction on the general care of the teeth, recommends measures for the prevention of dental disease and assists the dentist in planning and carrying out dental health programs. Must be able to maintain patient confidence and make sure that the working environment is safe and clean.
- Preparing treatment room, materials/equipment and patient for dental hygiene treatment.
- Providing information to patients.
- Maintaining instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment.
- Completing dental prophylaxis and educating patients on oral hygiene.
- Helping dentist manage dental and medical emergencies.
- Documenting dental hygiene services.
- Protecting patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in the application of the techniques and practices of dental hygiene
- Ability to secure the cooperation of the patient and to elicit required information
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, and to interpret and maintain records and reports
- Ability to deal tactfully with a diverse population and to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions
- Ability to work with other professional and support personnel in the performance of duties typical of the dental hygienist and assisting with other duties which may be of a lesser complexity
- Ability to work with children
Minimum Training and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an approved two-year program of dental hygiene.
- Licensed to practice as a dental hygienist in New Hampshire
- Certified as a Public Health Dental Hygienist highly desired
- Knowledge of Dentrix Enterprise software,is preferred but not required
- Bilingual is a plus
To Apply - https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6152146.jobs?ApplyToJob=235187846
Job Type: Part-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Hours per week:
- Oral and Maxillofacial