Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love! We are disrupting the industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent. This is your chance to share your work with a worldwide community of nearly 60 million monthly unique users.
About the Job
The Jobs Management team is looking for a passionate, skilled, and driven Software Engineer in Test. You will be partnering closely with product, design, and other engineers to build the features and tools which help employers promote their jobs and attract top talent. The Jobs Management team plays a key role in Glassdoor's two-sided marketplace that helps job seekers find jobs and employers find the best candidates.
A typical week includes working with Product Managers and fellow Engineers to understand and clarify new feature requests that support Glassdoor's business goals. You will collaborate with fellow Software Engineers in Test to discover new ways of creating and executing tests. By providing guidance on testing methodologies, you will help keep the entire team accountable for the quality of work released in our biweekly sprints. Finally, you will push new efficiencies with your team, from promoting test coverage to creating new tools and evangelizing automation best practices.
Our ideal candidate will have experience with various automation frameworks, a strong understanding of QA best practices, and a passion for quality. Object oriented programming experience and navigating Linux environments is also a necessity.
We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing multiple hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises. In this role you work with a cross-functional, collaborative environment – so excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also a must. And most importantly – we look for people who can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver.
Skills and Requirements
- 2+ of testing consumer web sites and building functional automation tests
- Experience with automated test tools and frameworks
- Experience building maintainable and efficient tests using Java-based tools like Selenium and JUnit
- Programming experience with Java or other object oriented languages
- Knowing QA best practices and how to create processes to drive quality in a product
- Being comfortable working with a cross-functional team of developers and quality engineers to develop innovative automated testing solutions
- Solid understanding of the software development life-cycle and Agile methodologies
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking a task and delivering on it without lots of management
- Familiarity with Linux, SQL, performance tools, bash scripts and version control systems such as git are also a plus
- CS degree or equivalent experience
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 80% dependent coverage
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- No gender pay gap ( https://www.glassdoor.com/about-us/glassdoor-pay-gap-audit-2019/ ); we're committed to equal pay with our annual pay gap 'checkup'
- Located in up-and-coming Fulton Market neighborhood
- Discounted memberships for local gyms and Divvy
- Free snacks, drinks, and coffee always available
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Fun office events and celebrations
- Convenient to public transportation, with pre-tax commuter benefits available
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.