Are you a self-driven person looking to advance your career as a high-impact player on a team? If so, we have an exciting challenge for you and your future!
At HP Hood, we celebrate our differences. Our diversity of people, backgrounds, experiences, thoughts and perspectives are fostered to create an inclusive work environment. We are at our best when we respect and value each other – One Team, One Company!
Our culture is built on value commitments to innovation, quality, results, integrity, community, people, and collaboration that fosters a strong employee engagement, teamwork, safety and wellness.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, wellness programs, employee discount programs, 401k, incentive programs, profit sharing and more.
Responsible for coordinating daily dry warehouse activities so as to meet business objections. General expectations include working in unison with Suffield Dry Warehouse to ensure that Safety, Quality, Inventory, Productivity and Housekeeping remain at HP Hood standard.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unloading ingredients and packaging at a dry storage warehouse located in MA, in accordance with Federal, State, and company guidelines.
- Properly store and organize ingredients and packaging;
- Ensure load/unload schedules are met daily;
- Perform all required transactions as it pertains to co-packed products, including communication of forecasts and other concerns, ordering of materials, transfer of finished goods, and all other required inventory transactions;
- Perform all required inventory transactions, including PO receipts, pallet tagging, and transfer orders utilizing SAP or other inventory control systems;
- Perform cycle counting and physical inventories and make all necessary transactions within the inventory control system to ensure accurate inventories;
- Determine production needs, create transfer orders, and load out trucks on a daily basis to ensure proper stock levels at the Suffield plant;
- Operate P.I.T., perform daily inspections, and ensure equipment is properly maintained;
- Coordinate with transportation the movement of trailers;
- Maintain a clean work environment, assuring packaging and ingredients are properly sealed and organized, and floors are swept and washed on a regular basis;
- Follow all company, State, and Federal requirements, ensuring compliance with all GMP’S, SOP’s, and any other regulation;
- Work effectively as part of a team and display a positive attitude;
- Be cooperative and take initiative to ensure smooth operations;
- Other duties as required.
- Work in a safe and responsible manner at all times, following all safety policies, procedures, and rules;
- Report unsafe observations or conditions to a supervisor or manager;
- Immediately report an injury or accident to a supervisor or manager;
- Meet all company requirements for training, including but not limited to PIT, PPE, Yard Tractor, Ergonomics, Hazcom/Chemical safety, etc.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED and/or 3-4 years of related production manufacturing/warehouse experience, preferably in a dairy manufacturing environment.
- Good math skills and computer knowledge.
- The ability to work independently without supervision.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Standing: Long periods of time
- Sitting: Occasionally for short periods
- Walking: Constantly
- Bending: Frequently
- Twisting of spine: Occasionally
- Lifting: Light (< 30 lbs frequently, > 30 lbs frequently).
- Carrying: Light (30-50 lbs) frequently, distance 30 yards.
- Pushing/Pulling: Under 75 lbs without assistance frequently.
- Pushing/Pulling: Over 75 lbs without assistance occasionally.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: From $23.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Agawam, MA 01001: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Warehouse experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location