At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to drive the design and implementation of key components of our Global Learning Platform architecture and services. The Senior Software Engineer will lead a team of developers responsible for building highly scalable micro-service oriented back-end solutions as well as high quality web and mobile user interfaces. Will be responsible for creating the most optimal software design that can scale and perform in a direct to consumer environment. Will be directly involved in problem solving and resolution of day-to-day design issues. Will translate the high-level architecture to software design that delivery teams can code to. Will be the bridge between Enterprise Architecture and Delivery and also act as the bridge between Delivery and Operations. Will work closely with the Operations team to develop system design for public cloud deployment. Will also drive best in class software design, development & deployment techniques.Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Very hands-on with strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions.We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast paced environment.
+ Act as the technical lead to one or more full stack development teams
+ Work closely with Enterprise Architecture to develop optimal software/system architecture
+ Bridge the gap between high-level architecture developed by Enterprise Architecture and the detailed solutions design input needed by the delivery teams
+ Work closely with operations to develop the most optimal system architecture/deployment design for content core platforms
+ Jump in and solve complex technical problems and design issues
+ Drive adoption of advanced cloud based features and capabilities where it makes sense
+ Interact with development teams providing mentoring and guidance (through code reviews, design reviews, best practices and technical vision) while being still very hands-on and capable of deep diving into implementation details.
- B.S. / M.S. Computer Science or equivalent, with strong fundamentals and problem solving skills (such as data structures, computational algorithms, and operating systems).
- 5 years of software engineering experience building scalable, high-quality systems in a direct-to-consumer business.
- Very strong expertise with Java and JVM a plus.
- Some experience leading small to medium sized software engineering teams in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience with platform development using AWS and micro-services
- 5 Years of hands-on experience as full stack developer, at all tiers from the front end UI to the backend data store.
- Successful track record of developing high quality software products and shipping production ready software on schedule.
- Accomplished team player with a desire to work hard, get along with others, and have fun.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
** US-CA-San Francisco
** US-CA-San Francisco-1255 Battery St 1255 Battery St Suite 220 San Francisco 94111
** Technology & Operations
** Regular Employee
** Day Job
** Jun 5, 2018
** Full-time Regular
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled