SKF is the world leading supplier of products and solutions in the rolling bearing business. In addition, we are one of the leading players in seals, mechatronics, lubrication systems, and services which include technical support, maintenance services, condition monitoring and training. The inherent skills and competence of our around 40,000 employees help us to fulfill our objective of creating more intelligent, sustainable and innovative customer solutions. SKF is a truly global company with presence in more than 130 countries, serving an extensive range of industries and customers worldwide.
SKF Lubrication Products Division Americas is currently seeking a Lean & Continuous Improvement Manager dedicated to setting strategy, defining projects and driving implementation of the LEAN Manufacturing principles and process improvements needed to evolve the SKF – Johnson City facility to world class manufacturing levels.
- Develop, train and implement improvement initiatives including Standardization, DMAIC problem solving methodology, 5S, Value Stream Management Planning, LEAN manufacturing methods, etc. to fulfill the vision set forth by LBU and SKF Manufacturing Management.
- Sustain and drive growth of the values and initiatives resulting from SKF Production System / LEAN initiative.
- Coordinate, organize, execute and document Kaizen events for the continuous improvement of manufacturing operations, systems, and processes.
- Explore and evaluate new technologies that lead to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assist all departments in identifying continuous improvement opportunities. Develop Standard Work Intake Process (Project Funnel) for submittal, evaluation and development of improvement ideas into solid business cases for projects. Track evaluation, development, implementation and resulting benefits.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by effectively leveraging communication processes and employee relations programs.
- Champion Six Sigma projects and Quick Wins.
- Coach the Business Excellence teams to help generate and execute improvement activities and projects.
- Develop, document and share continuous improvement best practices between other LBU facilities.
- Develop and Maintain C.I./Six Sigma project plans using such tools as Master Plans, GPM2, MS Project, 6s, Project Hopper, etc.
- Measure and track (together with the Plant Controller) the progress of the LEAN roll-out, in terms of financial results and process KPIs improvements. Proactively identify further potentials and anticipate action in case of deviation of goal achievement.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management. Determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements. Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BS in Engineering (preferred) or 5 or more years experience in Continuous Improvement role, Production & Project Management, Manufacturing Engineering, or other relevant area.
- Formal training in LEAN (Certification a plus)
- Strong Project Management skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and good written communication skills.
- High energy level required.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Six Sigma certification a plus
- Ability to work across all levels to influence key stakeholders and lead through influence
Job Type: Full-time