Reporting to the Supervisor for Office Based Addictions Treatment program (OBAT), and under the direct supervision of the Nurse Care Manager (NCM), the SUDS Care Coordinator works collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team with a primary focus on supporting the provision of Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT), care management, logistical support and reporting requirements for the Department of Public Health (DPH) and Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
The SUDS Care Coordinator will:
1. Practice Coordination/Case management
- Intakes: Screening patients for SUDS services and scheduling intakes of new or referred patients
- Scheduling: Intakes, follow up visits, missed visits, random drug screen and pill counts
- Pharmacy assistance: Assist patients who are having temporary difficulties with filling prescriptions
- Prior Authorizations: completes prior authorizations for medications
- Communication with External Referral Source: Communicating with external sources such as multi-disciplinary team, ED, hospital liaisons and other health care professionals to coordinate care and assist with access to needed services
- Pill counts: Assist NCM with pill count and completes pill count form with patient
- Directly Observed Treatment (DOT) under guidance from RN Case Management team
- Detox Referrals/Coordination/Transferring patients to other programs: Assists with transfer to other programs such as detox, intensive outpatient treatment, psychiatry and other outpatient treatment programs such as methadone maintenance and bridge clinics
2. Program Support
- Assisting with specialty medication ordering and tracking
- Updating OBAT Registry: In collaboration with NCM manage updates registry
- Attend weekly case conferencing to review patient goals, progress, and care needs as they arise.
- Working with patients to ensure treatment adherence, and to help manage scheduling and appointment keeping.
- Transportation assistance: Complete PT1 application for Mass Health patients who qualify for transportation assistance using online portal
- Provide support to program supervisor and other members of the OBAT team in the day to day coordination of activities for SUHS.
- Provide one on one case management for patients engaged in services with Substance Use Health and Wellness Services
3. Reporting requirements
- Assists program supervisor with development and maintenance of tracking measures for both patient and non-patient interactions.
- Attends relevant agency meetings when directed.
4. Other duties as requested
Bachelor’s degree in a health related discipline preferred, Spanish competency preferred.
High school diploma/GED. 1 year of related experience preferred . Has an interest in, and knowledge of, substance use disorder treatment, clinical workflow process improvement, and a familiarity with buprenorphine (Suboxone) and naltrexone (Vivitrol) medication treatments. Works collaboratively to improve vital functions of care delivery as an integral component of a multidisciplinary team.
The Care Coordinator will additionally attend trainings, conferences, and other professional development opportunities when applicable.
Codman serves a diverse population. Applicants who have a multicultural background and/or bilingual are encouraged to apply. We offer a generous benefits package including:
- A retirement employee-funded 403(b) plan
- Competitive Medical, and Dental
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- Educational Assistance and tuition reimbursement Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Other benefits and perks!
CSHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V encouraged to apply
Visit Our CareerCenter