Akira Technologies, Inc., a HubZone company is seeking a Staff Accountant whose concentration is primarily in carrying out A/P and Payroll functions. The right individual will be responsible for performing, under minimal supervision, payroll duties such as payments of hours worked, personal time off, employee benefits, application of benefit deductions. In addition, you must have demonstrated experience processing Full cycle Accounts Payable. Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances; charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries accurately to related cost pools/centers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable and Payroll transactions.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Responsible for processing AP transactions in a Products and Gov’t Services environment.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing ACH and check runs; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or assisting in purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Prepares AP & PR audit schedules and assists with audit of related areas.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Responding to vendor inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Working closely with the Purchasing Dept in the matching of Purchase Orders to Vendor Invoices as well as the acquiring and tracking of related PODs (Proof of Deliveries) for product invoices.
- Prepares, analyzes and implements payroll transactions on a timely manner such as payments of hours worked, personal time off, employee benefits, application of benefit deductions via ADP
- Prepares and/or analyzes periodic payroll reports, payroll schedules, and payroll related journal entries using established policies, procedures, and guidelines on a timely manner.
- Monitors federal, state and local taxes, Social Security contributions, employee benefit contributions, garnishments, and other deductions to ensure accuracy of individual pay.
- Prepares and/or reviews the accuracy of payroll related journal entries and performs account reconciliation and analysis while ensuring supporting documentation is accurate and in compliance with company policies.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate payroll policies, controls, payroll processes and system enhancements to increase efficiency.
- Responsible for accuracy and oversight of Tracking/Calculation of PTO accruals.
- Coordinates payroll matters with other departments, locations, and business units.
- Coordinates with payroll service provider (ADP) on issues affecting company payroll.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or other finance related field. Will except equivalent combination of experience and education.
- A minimum of 3-4 years of payroll and A/P experience in a Government Contracting environment
- Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV) experience preferred or experience w/ Accounting ERP systems (Deltek GCS, Costpoint, Peoplesoft, etc.).
- Experience with VARS (value-added reseller) a plus.
- Capable of handling Accounts Payable in a Products (all Drop-Shipments, no inventory tracking) and Govt’ Service environment.
- Knowledgeable in Purchase Order/Sales Order processing.
- Focused, ambitious self-starter who exhibits attention to detail with excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Looking for someone that will own their area of responsibility.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple tasks.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel Spreadsheet, Word, etc.
- Ability to maintain an optimistic, professional and credible attitude
- Eagerness to learn complex enterprise software and hardware solutions to enable successful development of sales opportunities.
- A team player capable of working within a collaborative environment and making contributions when appropriate.
- Ability to efficiently solve problems by utilizing quality communication skills
- Meticulousness with focus on quality customer service with capability to manage manifold deadlines and priorities
- Reside in a qualifying HubZone is a major plus but not necessary. To see if you qualify, please visit https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: