Cresthill Academy Hoboken Downtown is looking for an experienced, loving, and dynamic person to fill our full-time director role.
The center director's main priority is to maintain a safe and enriching environment for children, families and center staff while managing all business operations of the center while modeling and supporting Cresthill Academy’s’ core values.
The center director must be able to work a full-time schedule; the center director must open the school at 7am 2-3 days a week and close the school 2-3 days a week at 7pm. Please be mindful that there is no parking available and we are located in Downtown Hoboken. Cresthill Academy Hoboken Downtown is a year-round program serving infants and toddlers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensures center is in compliance with all state safety, fire, quality programming educational and staffing regulations as required by NJSDCF licensing and accreditation. Responsible for ensuring accuracy of records kept for both staff and children (families).
- Quality Assurance Checklist – Achieves 97%+ each quarter to maintain a continuous flow on QA and center maintenance daily.
- Completes DCF documentation due 30 days prior to submission date as process indicates.
- No violations on the NJSDCF website within the year.
- Maintains current knowledge of early childhood best practices and quality programming through the required thirty (30) hours of training and priorities met using the DCF standard compliance form.
- Understands that all Center Directors are expected to expand their knowledge in the early childhood field by attending seminars, trainings, etc., being members of early education associations, and being mentors to their staff.
- Provides professional development to teaching teams and through attendance and participation at Cresthill Academy semi-annual conferences.
- Promotes and advertises their assigned center through various types of media by being an active member of the community with the ultimate goal to fill classrooms to capacity.
- Coordinates special and community events, including open houses.
- Submits updates to Cresthill Academy’ various social media communications (Cresthill Corner Blog, Monthly Newsletter, Tadpoles notes, Instagram & Facebook).
- Submits updates to the parent Extranet.
- Addresses all parent complaints, concerns and inquiries in a timely, professional manner.
- Achieves monthly average enrollment target of 90% (specific objectives based on external factors).
- Completes customer surveys (twice per year – spring and fall) with a minimum average score of 4.5. Completes written action plan based on customer feedback.
- Completes “News & Notes” submissions weekly.
- Fiscal duties include petty cash, managing budgets, collections, billing, and monthly reporting which includes class lists and enrollment updates, month-end reports, along with management of DSS payments, paperwork and renewals.
- Petty Cash
- 100% accurate petty cash receipts (director, classroom, kitchen) report due 1st Monday of the month and ready for 1-2-3 delivery.
- 100% accurate budgets (school supplies, food & diaper, director & classroom). Required to stay within budget 100% of the time.
- 100% end-of-the-month collections with a minimum score of 97.5%+.
- Reviews aging report weekly for potential weekly payments plans.
- Hands out accurate coupons to parents according to schedule.
- Month-End reports due the 2nd last day of the month.
- Monthly retention – notify Corporate the same day a family is leaving with reason.
- Reviews billing monthly for accuracy and responds to Controller via email to confirm within 24 hours of receipt.
- Manages the DSS approvals by tracking expirations & maintaining valid contracts.
- Completes DSS by the 3rd business day of each month.
- Tracks weekly co-pays and enters attendance weekly.
- The management of staff is vital to the success of each center. Responsibilities include payroll with 100% accuracy, new hire and existing staff paperwork completed on time, employee relations, hiring, terminations, scheduling of staff, performance evaluations, merit increases, and appropriate training.
- 100% weekly payroll accuracy
- Zero overtime
- Timely merit increases
- New Hires
- Interviews Teacher Aides, Lead Teachers and Management Trainees as needed to fill open positions.
- New hire paperwork to be accurate and fully complete to HR within 3 days of hire.
- TB test and medical report to be completed every two years (for existing staff) before expiration to remain in compliance with NJSDCF regulations.
- Follows Cresthill Academy’s Incident Reporting procedure to report incidents on site.
- Employee Relations
- Staff employee survey with a minimum average of 5 or above. Provides an action plan to correct any issues.
- Scheduling of staff
- Notifies corporate of an open position within 24 hours to initiate recruiting efforts.
- Schedules staff according to specific classroom ratios.
- Completes and submits annual performance evaluations by September 1st.
- Completes and submits 90-day performance evaluations for new hires (in accordance with hire date) within 10 days of the due date.
- Ensures new hire staff receive 15 hours of training within the first six (6) months of hire.
- Maintains a tracking log to record 30 hours of training during the state licensing period.
- Complies with all Cresthill Academy policies, procedures and work practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Models, supports, and reinforces the Cresthill Academy Core Values in his/her daily behavior.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Management or related field, or an Associate’s degree with 3 to 5 years of previous Administrator/Director experience.
- Three years supervisory or related experience.
- Demonstrated abilities to operate Microsoft Office.
- Documentation of U.S. citizenship or eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Provide a current, within two (2) years of date of hire, physical examination and tuberculin (TB) test or chest x-ray by a licensed healthcare professional and maintain these documents bi-annually to remain in compliance with NJS and Cresthill Academy regulations.
- Willingness to continually increase knowledge in the field.
- Obtain approved New Jersey State clearance for child abuse and maltreatment
- Valid and current New Jersey State Driver’s License and reliable transportation for travel as needed amongst various Cresthill Academy centers.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Follows instructions, deadlines
- Presents oneself in a professional manner
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Punctual and attentive to work schedule
Physical Demands :
- Ability to hear the conversational voice with or without hearing aid
- Ability to see and read newsprint with or without corrective lenses
- Ability to speak and be understood under normal circumstances
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to use arms, hands, legs, and feet with or without corrective devices in order to accomplish job, including evacuation of the building during emergencies
- Ability to lift and carry items (including children as needed) up to 50 pounds
Highly competitive salary package including Health Benefits, PTO, Paid Holidays, Travel (domestic and overseas) and Training.
Job Type: Full-time
- Within 30 days (Required)