Visiting Nurse Assisted Living Communities in Somerville is seeking two Part-Time Front Desk/Receptionists to perform a variety of clerical duties in the reception area of its assisted living community.
The hours for these positions are:
Every other Saturday and Sunday 7am-2pm
The Front Desk/Receptionist will:
- Greet all visitors, residents, family members and employees in a warm and helpful manner and present professional image and appearance acceptable to residents and the public.
- Answer incoming calls, both internal and external, in a warm, pleasant and professional manner.
Perform various clerical duties: typing, filing, faxing and photo copying.
- Coordinate Emergency Call System with Resident Care Supervisors.
- Coordinate appointment for residents requesting transportation.
- Provide other assistance with resident services as requested by supervisor.
- Participate in Emergency Procedures (i.e. in case of fire).
- Prepare paperwork for resident being dispatched to hospital for admission and/or emergency room evaluation/treatment.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Ensure that the reception area is clean, neat and inviting at all times.
- Enforce visitation policies and procedures remembering the security of the residents is primary
- Performs other related duties as directed by Supervisor
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two years related experience with Reception/Switchboard preferred
- Interest and/or experience in working with the Elderly and physically challenged
- Ability to demonstrate availability for and flexibility in scheduling to meet the needs of the facility and its residents
- Demonstrate adequate verbal and written communication skills to enable him/her to screen, establish importance of and convey messages to appropriate personnel in an expeditious manner
Visiting Nurse Assisted Living Communities
405 Alewife Brook Pkwy
Somerville, MA 02144
Please specify which receptionist shift you are applying for. Thank you.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- office administration: 1 year (Preferred)