The CEO is responsible for the day to day operations and direction of the facility, and ensures that the facility complies with all policies and procedures set forth by The company, as well as those required by regulatory agencies. Also ensures that expectations of the corporation and our customers are met or exceeded on a continual basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that the facility complies with all policies and procedures set forth by THE COMPANY, regulatory agencies, and other appropriate bodies.
- Directs the financial management of the facility through budgeting review and implementation; reviews related reports, and sets standards for performance.
- Ensures quality care and excellent communications with patients, families, and staff.
- Demonstrates effective management/leadership skills.
- Manages Human Resources issues within areas of responsibility.
- Understands financial issues and effectively utilizes fiscal resources within area of responsibility and facility.
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position.
- Follows corporate attendance policy and requests scheduled time off according to procedure.
- Assumes an active role in business development and public relations activities for the facility.
- Recognizes the importance of educational development to self and staff facility.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Public Health Administration, Business Administration, or a health-related degree.
- Must have, as a minimum, one-year experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital or long-term care facility. Must possess a current, unencumbered Nursing Home CEO’s license or meet the licensure requirements of this state.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and general public.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old and of good moral character.
- Must have advanced training in hospital or long-term care administration.
- Must be familiar with reimbursement regulations, and nursing practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to long-term care administration.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with laws, regulations, and guidelines governing human resources administration.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as must be willing to handle residents, staff, and visitors based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practice.
- Must be able to maintain good personnel relations and employee morale.
- Must be able to read and interpret financial records, reports, etc.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
Mobility , reaching, bending, lifting (minimum of 10 pounds), fine hand coordination, ability to read and write, the ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and directions, ability to travel, and ability to remain calm under pressure.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- Nursing Home Administrator: 1 year (Preferred)
- South Dakota Nursing Home Administrator (Required)