The Network Administrator is responsible for the configuration, operation, and maintenance of the network infrastructure, firewalls, Active Directory, and VMWare hosts. Ensure peak performance and compliance with industry standard practices while maximizing efficiency for our employees and customers.
- Configure, install, and maintain the local and wide area network (LAN/WAN) hardware, operating systems, and software, which is primarily VeloCloud SD-WAN
- Configure, install, and maintain the data center infrastructure to include virtualization software and necessary infrastructure.
- Configure, maintain, and support electronic mail, Active Directory, and internet/intranet servers.
- Configure, maintain, and support SIEM solution
- Develop and maintain network documentation and diagrams.
- Perform file system configuration and management; define and perform server backups and recovery procedures.
- Manage, document, and test the IT disaster recovery plan.
- Assist with Windows and third-party patching for servers and computers.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software/firmware upgrades to network and data center equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy including administering end-user network accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures remain aligned with the organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide on-site and remote technical support to co-workers and other departments
- Oversee network security and threat remediation.
- Treat people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience Required:
- Participate in key process improvements as they relate to the network environment.
- Assist with research on network hardware, software, and protocols in support of the IT strategic plan.
- Assist the Director of Information Technology with other assigned projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Nonessential Education, Skills and Experience (Preferred):
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or minimum 5 years equivalent work experience in the IT field
- Strong problem solving and technical skills
- Experience with NTFS, Active Directory, Group Policy, Remote Access, VPN, and Scripting
- Evidence of continued education and experience in information technologies
- Expertise in Cisco or similar network administration
- Expertise in VMware virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of standard IT security practices within a financial organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and decision-making abilities
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting enterprise routers and switches to resolve network issues
- Experience writing Windows batch and PowerShell scripting for automation and efficiency/consistency
- Ability to lift and carry equipment with a weight up to 50 lbs. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, and crawl under desks as needed
- Basic understanding of financial principles
- Industry certification(s) such as: VCP, CCNP, MCSA, etc.