Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, and what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to democratize education.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco and have created online classes taught by famous masters—Steph Curry, Martin Scorsese, Serena Williams, James Patterson, Annie Leibovitz, Gordon Ramsay, Christina Aguilera, and many more. Since launching in 2015, we are growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
A Senior Revenue Accountant that can own and maintain revenue processes and revenue systems.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Own the monthly revenue close process, including creating revenue journal entries, reconciliations, etc.
- Maintain revenue systems and work cross-functionally to ensure revenue-related data is accurate and complete
- Collaborate with key cross-functional stakeholders, including FP&A, Engineering, Data & Insights, and outside accounting firms
- Assist in various business initiatives such as the adoption of ASC 606/IFRS 15, exploration of new revenue channels and international expansion
- Establish, maintain, and improve revenue and cost-of-revenue related processes and corresponding controls
- Understand internal and external revenue reporting requirements and optimize financial systems to provide greater top-line tracking
- Support with external audit requirements
- Support Accounting & Finance team on ad-hoc projects and analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other finance-related field
- 3-5 years of comparable work experience
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, including advanced excel skills
- Experience with Intacct or comparable ERP systems a plus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of ASC 605/606 essential
- Big 4 experience preferred
- CPA license a strong plus
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.