Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join us at PSCU!
This position provides HR guidance and HR generalist services to assigned divisions/departments at PSCU. Incumbent will manage employee relations issues for assigned business units, including the completion of employee investigations and Employee Handbook policy administration . Partners as a member of site leadership team, serving as a trusted impartial resource for employees. Provides managers and supervisors guidance on coaching and corrective actions ensuring effective balance between the needs of the business and employee engagement experiences . Incumbent will handle unemployment hearings and will provide support in determining reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA). Incumbent will also be responsible for special projects.
- Responsible for employee relations issues for assigned business units; coach, counsel, and guide managers regarding execution of performance improvement plans and disciplinary actions, up to and including terminations; ensure notifications regarding terminations are disseminated as necessary.
- Manage risks and ensure legal compliance for employee related matters. Conduct regular check-in meetings with assigned business unit leadership; provide guidance and interpretation on policy in the Employee Handbook; ensure compliance with state and federal employment laws.
- Conduct employee investigations as needed, ensuring collection and entry of proper documentation, provide appropriate follow-up to involved parties and develop end recommend corrective action plans.
- Provide managers/supervisors with advice and guidance on employee coaching and corrective actions; champion/facilitate positive relationships between employees and leaders , ensure that strong leadership and coaching culture permeates the organization; champion PSCU culture to assigned business units
- Partner with the Lead ER Advisor to support the process for providing reasonable accommodations under the ADAAA. Conduct interactive discussions with employees seeking accommodations, ensure appropriate documentation is received from doctor, and confer/consult with Lead ER Advisor to make a determination on appropriate accommodation determination.
- Represent PSCU at unemployment hearings and administer Drug Free Workplace policy .
- Review annual performance reviews for assigned business unit ensuring alignment appropriate documentation to support employee development; consult with HR Business Partners and as training opportunities are identified.
- Develop, analyze, and evaluate quantitative and qualitative data, identify trends or areas of opportunity and partner with HR Business Partner on action plans.
- Assist in development of employee handbook and policies
- Maintain knowledge of progressive HR practices and trends; ensure scalability of service through the establishment and maintenance of knowledge base in assigned areas of responsibility
- Participate in development of HR department goals, with particular focus on aligning department goals with the business units served and overall company goals
- Assist HR Business Partners on various functional and cross-functional project work as needed; conduct research, perform data analysis, and provide other assistance to ensure projects and initiatives comply with innovative best practice
- Perform other duties as assigned
: Bachelor’s degree HR Management, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Certification (PHR, SPHR) preferred.
: Five years of experience in employee relations required.
Availability to travel up to 25% to provide coverage for other PSCU locations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Our corporate value statements represent PSCU's commitment to providing the highest quality service to our member-owners. By practicing these values, we continue to meet the challenge of being a leading service provider in the credit union industry.
- Ability to build collaborative partnerships, understand clients’ needs, demonstrate empathy, and build consensus to achieve organizational goals
- Ability to provide excellence in customer service, ensuring needs are met in timely fashion
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation, benefits, EAP intervention , organizational design, employee relations, diversity, performance management, talent acquisition and related laws
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats and give persuasive presentations utilizing various audiovisual support aids
- Ability to embrace change, and to support and guide others through organizational change initiatives and efforts
- Demonstrated ability to seek innovation in one’s work, and to develop, sponsor, or support introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, and technologies
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in making decisions; ability to make difficult decisions in timely manner
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet computer software applications
- Ability to travel as needed to successfully perform position responsibilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of materials handled
- Ability to function effectively when under pressure
PSCU is a drug and smoke free workplace
To learn more about opportunities and what it's like to work at PSCU follow us on our Facebook Careers page https://www.facebook.com/PSCUCareers
- Service Excellence - Exceeding expectations in every interaction.
- Passion - Boundless enthusiasm to be THE best.
- Leadership - Engaging, influencing, and inspiring others to accomplish our mission.
- Trust - Keeping the promises you make to others, and to yourself.
- Innovation - T he relentless pursuit of better ways.