Facility: WESTMINSTER DAY REPORTING CENTER
Bonus (if applicable):
Benefits: Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more) will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized workforce with options for you and your family including:
• Paid time off • Paid holidays • 401(k)
• 401(k) matching • Health Insurance • Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance • Life Insurance • Flexible spending account
• Health savings account • Tuition Reimbursement • Reduced tuition rates
• Employee discount • Employee assistance program • Pet insurance
• Disability Insurance • Paid training • Other benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Want to join a company where you can make a real difference? Our team is looking for a Substance Abuse Counselor who is passionate about people and believes every individual deserves the best quality mental health care. This is your opportunity to build a long-lasting career with a global leader in the industry. In this role, you will help us develop, organize, and conduct programs to provide education for conditions and problems relating to drug and alcohol abuse. Keep reading to learn more about us and what we have to offer.
Join A Community That Cares
Joining GEO means contributing to our mission to provide the best rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and services to those in our care. GEO is a place for professional growth, exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal relationships. Interested in achieving extraordinary things? Send in your application. Every one of our employees makes us who we are.
We're looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to their maximum potential is the center of GEO’s employee value proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here’s to unlimited ideas, increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
In this role, you will:
- Provide relevant Substance Abuse information for class curriculum
- Facilitate didactic educational presentations, group counseling, and individual counseling sessions
- Select and recommend new instructional materials and programs for use in the substance abuse program
- Maintain knowledge of new developments in the field of substance abuse
- Maintain a collegian relationship with other substance abuse professionals, programs, and associations
- Complete required testing, assessment, and psychosocial history on incoming residents as required
- Participate in related training for substance abuse
- Other duties, as assigned.
Review minimum requirements before applying:
- High school diploma or it's equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services, or related field, preferred, or experience in lieu of degree.
- Certification recognized by the California Department of Health Care Services ( CAADE, CADPT or CCAPP) is required.
- Preference given to experience within a correctional setting.
- Working knowledge of the Twelve Step Program of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
In this position, you will frequently have to lift or carry up to 20 lbs. Candidates should also be able to bend, stoop, walk, and stand (31-60% of the time). You will also occasionally lift, carry, push, or pull up to 40 lbs.