CTG has a new opportunity for an ETL Developer. This is a DIRECT HIRE position with our HealthCare client. The ETL Developer is responsible for the development, enhancement and effective operations of data movement between various systems using ETL methodologies. Responsible for leading company database development efforts and coordinating with business users, 3rd party data providers, and internal developers to maximize the usage and value of company data assets.
Location: Madison, WI
- Develop, maintain and administer system databases and EDW
- Create logical links between databases to create an Enterprise Data Warehouse. This may be accomplished by utilizing various SQL tools
- Design, implement, maintain, and deploy SSIS packages
- Functions as a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing and debugging ETL to create a seamless data flow
- Supports overall strategy as it relates to database and data warehouse development
- Monitor, troubleshoot and analyze ETL process failures, data anomalies, inconsistencies and other ETL related issues identified by monitoring, technical staff, and end-users. Effectively communicate findings.
- Performance tune in-house and third-party databases as required. This will include creating and re-organizing indexes, optimizing job schedules, and creating stored procedures and functions.
- Plan, define, and create new databases using database normalization techniques * Set up and maintain user security for databases and connected applications.
- Interact with IT staff, and vendor support personnel to define and resolve systems-related problems.
- Track and document actions and results in accordance with IT “change control” methodology.
- Work closely with Project Managers, Programmers, and Web Developers to ensure a high level of database integrity.
- Actively participate with IT staff in preparing and implementing backup and disaster recovery procedures and processes of mission critical databases.
- Analyze and implement techniques to optimize system utilization, database performance and maintain established service levels.
- Work with business units/data owners to classify database data for appropriate security, backup, and performance characteristics.
- Generate automated, repeatable and stable processes to support data load, data validation, and data synchronizations for the data warehouse.
- Create database code requirements for all data warehouse data migrations and business unit and SQL-server projects via programming and the various SQL languages.
- Identify and resolve data integrity issues between the data warehouses and the original data sources.
- Create and maintain data dictionaries and database diagrams for complex in-house databases.
- Provide on-call support for problem resolution of database-related issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or comparable work experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience with computers, computer systems, and servers.
- Expert SQL Server knowledge of T-SQL and OLTP topics such as normalization, data types, query tuning, indexing, constraints, and query plans, etc.
- Experience with SQL 2008+
- Experience with SSIS and ETL development required
- SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) or comparable reporting tools experience.
- Experience with Healthcare analytics and EDI.
- Experience with software deployment, version control, and build automation preferred. Competencies
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job Type: Full-time