Administrative Assistant - Full Time
- Provides confidential administrative support requiring independent decision making.
- Attends meetings, takes, organizes and distributes minutes, schedules and organizes appropriately.
- Maintains daily calendars, meeting room and meal arrangements.
- Prepares correspondence, complex reports, memorandum special projects, technical papers and related material for staff, composing and/or outlining letters or documents as directed. Transcribes dictation.
- Answers telephone and all communication methods in a courteous and appropriately efficient manner, utilizing screening criteria.
- Collects, organizes, tracks and prepares information for use in discussions, meetings, and for presentations, applications, surveys and licensing needs.
- Develops, organizes and maintains paper-based and computerized filing systems for storage and retrieval of information.
- Provides cross coverage for other support staff as needed. Performs other duties as assigned or requested, from direct supervisors or from other members of the Executive Office.
- Process check requests, purchase requests, handles petty cash.
- Prepare Doctor’s billing sheets to go to billing.
- Creates monthly on-call calendar for medical staff.
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience with training in transcription, word processing and other computer skills.
- Three years or more Secretarial experience required, healthcare experience preferred.
- Knowledge of office related equipment, particularly understanding the use of personal computer and a general understanding of basic database programs, flow charting, and programs utilizing tables.
- Pleasant, businesslike, assertive approach to visitors, employees and phone guests, utilizing good judgment in each encounter at an appropriate level.
- Proven ability to function in a confidential manner with regard to patient care, personnel and business/financial information.
- Ability to function independently with a variety of projects.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to juggle and prioritize more than one task at a time while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.