Welcome to Western Connecticut Health Network, a comprehensive group of Hospitals, Medical Practices and Home Care designed to know our patients well. WCHN is comprised of Danbury, New Milford, and Norwalk Hospital as well as Western Connecticut Home Care, and Western Connecticut Medical Group. We are united by our mission to improve the health and well-being of those who live in the communities we proudly call home. We believe our dedicated and talented employees are the cornerstone of providing the best in patient care, and we are seeking qualified and compassionate individuals to enhance the delivery of care to the communities we serve.
Performs routine cleaning tasks in patient care areas. Maintains a safe and clean environment in a cost effective manner.
1. Maintains a clean, safe and aesthetically pleasing environment.
2. Performs daily routine cleaning tasks such as daily central area cleaning and daily patient room cleaning using the 7-step cleaning methodologies.
3. Performs timely and meticulous discharge patient room & isolation room cleaning.
4. Provides support to other housekeeping staff.
5. Removes bio-medical waste, solid waste and soiled laundry as needed.
6. Sets up patient rooms and call rooms when assigned.
7. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Speak and understand conversational English in order to understand basic direction from supervisor or nursing staff.
Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Exempt from Overtime:
- Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Significant occupational risk
- Medium to Heavy effort. May extert up to 35 lbs. force
- Significant exposure to dirt, odors, nose, human waste, etc.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.