We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
National Buying Services is the department dedicated to acquiring the goods that our ALDI customers count on. Beyond working to secure quality products at the lowest possible prices through our Buying and support teams (Administration, Pricing / E-commerce, Merchandising, Market Research and Analytics), our teams ensure we are providing the best value and quality in everything we do.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and Experience:
- Presents and communicates financial plans effectively and forecasts effectively to Direct Leader, Personnel Leader and National Buying teams as required.
- Communicates sales performance to Direct Leader and Personnel Leader, outlining actions taken or proposed to maximize sales and profit margin.
- Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
- Assists in the development and daily tasks requirements of the Data Entry Assistant and Promotions Analytics Assistant.
- Oversees updates of Weekly Reporting tools; Analyzes results for actions to align product strategy with KPI goals and forecasts in order to maximize sales and profit for ALDI finds.
- Assists in Markdown Program analysis, supporting markdown cadence strategy decisions to drive profit and minimize loss across ALDI finds products.
- Assists in Monthly Financial reporting and recapping, ensuring accuracy of reports, providing insights on performance results and incorporating analysis from cross-functional partners.
- Assists in on-going forecasting of key performance metrics such as item count, sales and margin ensuring that projections and forecasts are up-to-date and accurate.
- Establishes, reviews and analyzes merchandise plans to ensure accurate and logical figures.
- Monitors in-season sales performance, utilizing financial tracking tools to recommend strategies to stay on plan.
- Delivers comprehensive pre-season financial plans to maximize sales and margin.
- Assists in building annual financial sales, gross margins, inventory and item count plans for multiple product categories based on detailed analysis of historic product data and forward trend information.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Fashion Retail or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Retail.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Retail Planning, Merchandising or related positon within a Corporate Retailer.
- Advanced Excel proficiency required; Experience with JDA, SAP, Arthur or similar planning programs preferred.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
- Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
- Ability to analyze and present complex data.
- Knowledge of products and services of the company.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, consistently meeting deadlines and remaining calm under pressure.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
- Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
- Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
PROMOTIONS PLANNING SPECIALIST
1200 N KIRK RD, BATAVIA, IL, USA, 60510