Planet Fitness is an American franchise of fitness centers based in Newington, New Hampshire. Each gym features exercise equipment and fitness instructors to assist its members.
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for assisting in the oversight of gym operations to ensure exceptional “Judgement Free” member experience as well as a financially successful club.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and developing a high performing staff consisting of Member Service Representatives, Trainers and Custodians.
- Assist in maintaining a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensuring staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Assist with Staff Management and provide backup support to Club Manager as needed
- Involved in all front desk related activities
- Assist in overseeing cleanliness and maintenance of facility.
- Assist in ordering of supplies using specific budget based on club requirements.
- Assist in tracking statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, and annually).
- Backup support for any employee who is absent.
We are currently holding open interviews for management positions every Monday 10am-12pm at our Somerset Planet Fitness - 1135 Easton Avenue, Somerset, NJ 08873. Submit your online application so it is on file for the hiring manager, then come by our open house and meet our great team!
Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness industry. * Experience working as a Member Service Representative at Planet Fitness. * Solid supervisory, diplomacy and listening skills. * Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite). * Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic! * Strong problem resolution skills. * Current CPR Certification required. * High school diploma/GED equivalent required. * Must be 18 year of age or older